• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tourney results

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well, i'm alive. Made it through another whirlwind tournament. This one always kills me.

My team forgot to show up. They were there, just not playing golf. They tended to do alot more horticulture (earth movement, grass clipping, tree pruning, ect). C'est la vie.

Anyways, i played stellar. We ended up winning by one at -7. My driver went south on two holes, but other than that, stellar. I'm glad i did all that iron work this week and last week, it totally paid off and then some.

I hit my drive on the long drive hole about 90 yards past what ended up being the winner, but it was one yard in the rough. I was pretty choked. And closest to the pin i was outside of that by 3 inches. Weak.

But i'm so hung over today. I went somewhat overboard in celebration, by accident of course. :D

I should have eaten more hot dogs.

R35

congrats rock, its always great to look back and think how you carried your team the whole way, its a shame on the long drive thing, but congrats anyway

• Staff
Cheers, Gun. :)

R35

Nice showing, Rock. Was the teeny bopper at the clubhouse a part of the celebratory events?

I played a scramble tourney a couple of weeks ago where my team posted a two-under 70. Not so great, right?

It sure wasn't when the winning team posted a 51. You do the math.

hey rock, whats the yardage of that course?

• Staff
If i had a scorecard, i'd tell ya.

If i was guessing, it would be about 6700 from the whites. It's a bit shorter than the one with the nice beer lady (sorry Buddha, wrong course! :D )

Why do you ask?

R35

oh i was just wandering, to see how far you really carried your group

• Staff
Gun,

I lied, it's 3127 on the front nine that we played, and 3055 on the back. The course has 27 holes, the other 9 is 3600 yards. We played the shorter 18 in the tournament.

Sorry about that.

R35

• Staff
buddha33 said:
Nice showing, Rock. Was the teeny bopper at the clubhouse a part of the celebratory events?

I played a scramble tourney a couple of weeks ago where my team posted a two-under 70. Not so great, right?

It sure wasn't when the winning team posted a 51. You do the math.

51? What did they get on the back nine?

That's insane. We shot the lights out with a loaded team a few years ago at a tournament and shot -17. That's was including a 90 foot holed putt for eagle. If you birdied every par 3 and par 4, you'd be -14. Then, -8 on the par fives, you'd be at -22. So, i guess a 50 is possible.

But that's stellar golf. I was playing with my left handed buddy who isn't that good, a friend who plays 90 golf regularily and another friend who didn't contribute much on Friday. We needed a minimum 3 drives, excluding par 3's from every player.

On one hole, we were getting short of holes to make the drives up, so i didn't even hit a ball. Lefty put one out nicely 75 yards with the wind off the tee. Both the other guys put in in the water to the right. I was 265 after the 75 yard hammer job :p out with the wind and smoked a 3 wood to 10 feet. Best 3 wood all year. We birdied that hole.

We must have had at least 12 birdie putts (legitimate ones) but just couldn't get them in. It's funny how that works sometimes.

Anyways, i'm glad we won. We won two years ago, runner's up last year (to a team that i know cheated....bastards.....but they're some of my friends, so i don't care.....much... ;) )

I'd like to go play that course again. It's the first time i had negotiated it this year, but i've played it alot. But it sucks not to have a practice round under your belt.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424