• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TP Drivers - Why the hype?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Wow thats a killer drive, too bad my 20 dollar Ram driver all I hit was 200 yrd Banana's. Should be different though now that I got a real driver.

It is a killer drive and a killer driver. I have struggled since I started playing golf about 15 yrs ago to be able to hit a driver. I stumbled onto this one completely by accident and have found THE driver for me. I am actually thinking very seriously about getting another one in 9.5 just to have as a backup....

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I also had an R5 TP in 10.5 that lowered my ballflight. I think that might be another thing to the TP, they definitely play truer to loft. I play a 10.5 in TP, 9.5 in non.

I think the non's seem more forgiving, and the TP's hotter on center contact. I've never gotten better smash factors than with my R5TP/7w06. Why did I sell that club again?

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
I had an R7 quad TP and while the club felt great it was very unforgiving. When I was on, the distance was average. WHen I was off, distance and offline shots were...really bad. I traded that in and bought the R5 TP thats in my bag now. That thing is a BEAST when I am on and really LONG when I am not. The best of both worlds. And I believe the blueboard that came in it fits my swing perfectly. I bought the 10.5 version and actually lowered my overal ball flight. I still cant hit a draw, which I have never been able to do, even with alot of heel weighting...but I dont care when I can hit 270 yd fades all day long....
icon10.gif

Cough Cough im selling my BURNER TP WITH A DIAMANA BLUEBOARD 10.5 loft!! :):idhitit:

🔥 Latest posts