• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tracking cap and keeping stats

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Do you guys track your stats? I've never really been very good at keeping my stats until last year when my wife bought me a Skycaddie for my birthday. I managed to record every round(26), not including scrambles of course. Today I renewed my membership and was looking at my stats. Nothing really stood out, everything was kind of average as far as fairways, greens and putts...until I realized that I haven't shot higher than a 79 since May of last year! That's got to be some kind of record for me. I had no idea. Now I will go out and shoot 80+ on my next outing, lol. But I am going to try like hell to keep my streak going until May of this year.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
You jinxed yourself now buddy.
I guarantee it.

I can't believe it to be honest. I'm wondering if I forgot to record a bad score or something. I've always been inconsistent. But last year was honestly the best year that I've ever had. I hope I can keep improving.

It's pretty cool to go back and look at your numbers from the year before though. I'm definitely going to keep tracking my stats. One thing I didn't do last year was track my scrambling %. I'm going to start that my next round.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Did you keep track of your stats for that 91?
Yup...they weren't pretty. 28% fairways 22% greens and 36 putts. :oops: It was brutal. I couldn't get a decent lie to save my life. My hands were just dumb too, I couldn't do anything right. Cold weather and high winds weren't an excuse...I was just way off.

I've hit so many balls since then that my hands hurt, lol.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.