• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trading in my 10 day old HTC Hero for....

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
....The Motorola Droid.

Up until last night I was (and still am) thrilled with the Hero Android....a great handset in every sense of the word....Then I saw a demo Droid this morning and I made up my mind to switch out already.

Heres the drawbacks to the Hero, that the Droid overcomes...plus a few things the Droid offers that put it further ahead of the pack.

HERO DRAWBACKS

1) Sprint platform. While great reeption where I live and primarily travel for work, it is almost non existent where my wifes family resides and may recreational places I go to.
Whereas the Verizon coverage is awesome.

2) Touch screen keyboard. While not a deal closer for me, it was a pain in the ass for my wife and her nails.
The Droid has the sleek keyboard as well as a touch screen keypad.....the only issue I see is the upper row of keys are real close to the body of the Droid...so that might take a bit of time to overcome...for my fat fingers, but with her nails, it'll be a breeze.

3) Battery Life. The Hero Android is good for about 2-2.5 hours total talk/data time...and "maybe" 9 hours stand alone time.
The Droid boasts over 6 hours talk and like 11 days stand alone time...(I figure those numbers are exaggerated, but even if it's 2/3rds true, thats a huge difference.

OTHER PERKS OF THE DROID over the HERO...

1) The 2.0 version is faster, more powerful and will accept much more apps than the 1.6 does....I ESPECIALLY like the Google Navigator system.

2) The optional carriage to turn it into an alarm clock/media center is a great idea for me when I am at work or traveling...it even has an electronic picture frame option that my wife can set up at her work while charging the phone and listening to music.

3) Bigger screen (by a half inch) 16:9, faster processor, 16GB vs 2GB memory, Despite, the sliding keyboard, the Droid is actually not as thick as the Android (.57 for the Android/.50 for the Droid),

Oh....and if buy the Droid from Best Buy, they do an instant rebate at the counter...

So, for us, it makes sense.....

PixlPutterman

Oct 29, 2009
Well you really cant. I have to use a program that reboots the phone but from the SD card, where I have the Andriod OS stored, thus by-passing the loading of WinMo.

🔥 Latest posts