• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Training aids: For Swinging

titaniummd

Aug 26, 2006
Anyone have a good recommendation for Training aids to help swinging? Is the Medicus all that the infomercials 'hype it up' to be and more?

------
There are no shortcuts in life, just short drives like mine.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I have looked at alot of them, but I'm not sure thats where my problem lies. I would be more inclined to go for a lesson. I'm a working on the fundimentals of repeating the swing.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Lessons are always number 1.

Beyond that I actually didnt mind swinging the Momentus, if you have issues with hands, it does that and it weights about the same as two irons.

ruining

inappropriate
Aug 27, 2006
The only swing trainer I've ever used was the Medicus 5 iron. It seemed to do really well to get me a good tempo for a swing. I had only played for about 6 months when I picked it up, but it taught me a lot about swing basics.

Once I took lessons, it changed everything! I would recommend skipping the swing trainer and going straight to a pro, unless you can borrow something from a friend. Get some drills from a pro, and if you are still interested in the swing trainer, ask him if there is a particular trainer he would recommend for your particular opportunities.

I fear getting caught up in the hype of a trainer, when it would cost less to get a lesson and put some more money toward upgrading equipment. I'm still new, so just my .02 cents.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
The best for learning to release the club and to get rid of over the top move may well be The Whippy.

smileyrose

Aug 17, 2006
Flexible

I think it has something to do with being flexible and bendy...the only reason I know that is because someone once described me as be a bit of whippy once! :D

ruining

inappropriate
Aug 27, 2006
smileyrose said:
I think it has something to do with being flexible and bendy...the only reason I know that is because someone once described me as be a bit of whippy once! :D

Soooo... was THIS the invite?

This is the Whippy.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
smileyrose said:

How can a 350 lb plumber named hairy Dan be flexable?:D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.