• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Training Aids??

slash

Sep 14, 2006
Hey all, only my second post, but I'm looking to get some good feedback. I know that there is no substitute for playing of practicing, but are there any proven training aids that you all would recommend? I'm looking for a smoother swing and proper technique. Any ideas or help would be great..

Thanks...

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
I have found that either the Medicus or the Momentus clubs are great. The medicus is a 5iron with a shaft that "breaks" if you don't swing it properly. The Momentus is a 6iron that has a heavy, weighted shaft and a training grip that forces you into a fairly neutral grip. The Momentus is great for stretching prior to hitting balls, helps train those golf muscles, and due to the weighted shaft, helps you swing on a specific "one-plane" swing. I have had friends with poor swings use it, and they say it feels funny at first, but after 10-12 swings, they start making cleaner strikes at the ball. However, there is no miracle product. These are good aids, but lessons might be a better investment.

Just my 2cents...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My pro has me swing the short club with the heavy weight on the end (Momentus) which helps you feel the hands release correctly.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Tour Tempo (mentioned before)
Book and CD in any bookstore for about $15

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have found that swinging either 2 clubs at once or getting a weight to swing works best.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I didn't undertsand how that was suppose too help. I demo'd in store. What did it do for you?

You set both the magnets according to your swing speed. You swing. The first magnet is supposed to break at the top of your backswing and the second magnet is supposed to break just after "impact". They only break if you swing properly, so basically... You're trying to swing to break them. Reset the magnets and repeat the process... There's different workouts to do with it as well, which are supposed to basically get you a nice swing, that works, and groove it.

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
I liked the "Inside Approach" It teaches you to swing on a plane. It's amazing how easy it is to get the ball in the air using it. I rarely used mine though because I was just a little embarrassed about using it at a range which now seems stupid to me.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
You set both the magnets according to your swing speed. You swing. The first magnet is supposed to break at the top of your backswing and the second magnet is supposed to break just after "impact". They only break if you swing properly, so basically... You're trying to swing to break them. Reset the magnets and repeat the process... There's different workouts to do with it as well, which are supposed to basically get you a nice swing, that works, and groove it.

I did try the swing setter at the pro shop and I set both magnets but I don't
how it helps me get back to the ball. unless its pace only?

🔥 Latest posts