• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Travelling again - S'now joke!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'll be travelling next week for two weeks in the US, here's my tour of duty: New Jersey, Connecticut, Boston, Chicago, Rockford and then San Francisco, in 11 days!! 5 flights, 3 car hires, 5 hotels and a house rental, oh deep joy!

Quick questions for you all, what's the snow like for driving in New York, CT, MA, IL at the moment and over the next week? I know its cold but I'm assuming the roads are all moving ok? Anything to watch out for? Is this Polar Vortex done?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Closest person I know is my cousin in Maine. She said the schools are closed because of the snow. It's 8 degrees (F) there and 15F in New York.

Good luck.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've checked and there is a clipper due next week in the MA area. Looks like I am screwed. We have a 4WD, maybe that will help. It's taken me months setting these bloody things up!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Two points come to mind IG. (1) SF will be the most hospitable place (but then it always is). (2) Being from the UK, you'll be used to wearing only one set of clothes for the entire 11 days. :p

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I'll be travelling next week for two weeks in the US, here's my tour of duty: New Jersey, Connecticut, Boston, Chicago, Rockford and then San Francisco, in 11 days!! 5 flights, 3 car hires, 5 hotels and a house rental, oh deep joy!
What happened? Did you lose a bet?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

Quick questions for you all, what's the snow like for driving in New York, CT, MA, IL at the moment and over the next week? I know its cold but I'm assuming the roads are all moving ok? Anything to watch out for? Is this Polar Vortex done?
Rockford eh??? Illinois I assume? Not even an hour from me.

What's your schedule?? Maybe we could grab a bite some night.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Rockford eh??? Illinois I assume? Not even an hour from me.

What's your schedule?? Maybe we could grab a bite some night.
This place looks fitting.

77c76dd292ee488a02e55cd17d308535blueoysterbar.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I may, or may not, wear my chaps.
Record the evening. I would anticipate it could be posted on Greg's joke thread the next day. I can already see the video. Here's an Irish leprechan sitting in a bar beside a guy with nothing on except a pair of chaps... and a Glock stuck in the belt. They are discussing shaft stiffness, white balls, and are talking about a guy named Sol who loves cigars and teenage girls. Can't wait......

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Record the evening. I would anticipate it could be posted on Greg's joke thread the next day. I can already see the video. Here's an Irish leprechan sitting in a bar beside a guy with nothing on except a pair of chaps... and a Glock stuck in the belt. They are discussing shaft stiffness, white balls, and are talking about a guy named Sol who loves cigars and teenage girls. Can't wait......

This post is oozing with jealousy.

MarkFed

Jun 17, 2013
New England
Country

I'm about an hour from Boston. Doesn't look like much is happening next week except the cold. If it was summer, I'd meet you somewhere for golf...but it's not, and I'm hibernating :)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm about an hour from Boston. Doesn't look like much is happening next week except the cold. If it was summer, I'd meet you somewhere for golf...but it's not, and I'm hibernating :)

I'll be back in the summer. So driving is OK Mark? Roads open?

🔥 Latest posts