• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tried the new Vokeys yet?

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
Has anybody here tried the new spin milled (gimmick '05) Vokeys yet?

I might trade in my CG 10's for these. I really don't like the way I hit the CG 10 sand wedge for approach shots. I liked the way I hit my Vokey SW on approaches before I got the CG 10's. The spin with the Vokeys was amazing. :)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
yes,i have a 56-10 Spin milled

fantastic club,but i think there is a flaw.I bought mine primarily as a SW,and i hit about 25 bunker shots on the practice green straight away.
Afterwards,there were some very small shiney spots where the milled grooves have flattened aftre contact presumably with a larger grain of grit in the bunker.The milled edges are very small and of course the club is forged,so imho it seems that the spin milled wedges are really for fairway use only

OP
MyGolfDomain.com

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
Yeah, wedges don't stay new for long! I haven't seen these wedges, so I don't know how the grooves are. It sounds like there are lots of small grooves instead of several big grooves.

The sand here overall is pretty bad. Most courses have plenty of pebbles in the sand....tiny and not so tiny. I'll keep this in mind when checking out these clubs.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. The past few seasons, I traded in wedges I bought earlier that season to get new grooves again!

:D

OP
MyGolfDomain.com

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
I really like the spin milled Vokeys. I have a 56 and 60 degree. There is noticably less spin and cover cutting compared to when I bought new Vokeys last time (almost two years ago), but this is probably intentional by Titleist. The spin is about right and you don't need a new ball after every shot hehe.

Great clubs with great feel! :smilie_ti

🔥 Latest posts