• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tries sumptin new today.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Well I was reading one of the last "Golf" magazines and looking at the breakdown of Sergoi's swing. I've been told that I have a somewhat similar swing to him. Whatever...Anyway, I watched the 3d swing of his and was trying to pick out just a couple of things to work on to increase my distance.

First and foremost was the shoulder turn. One of the tips of the breakdown was kicking forward the left knee so the shoulders would turn further. Well that sure worked. I found when you kick that knee forward like that, you have to really concentrate on your timing. Another thing that I've been working on is dropping my hands down creating somewhat of a lag.

Here's the results of the first trial day. I normally hit my 60 degree wedge 80-85 yards. Today witht he change I was hitting it 90+ yards and the ball jumped off the face. It was also hit much higher than normal.

Jump forward to my R7TP pitching wedge. Normal distance is about 125. I was easily hitting the ball 135-140. That's a big wedge for me. My 3i was flying about 205, which is about a 5 yard increase.

I really didn't want to mess around with the driver because I'm hitting that club so well, but of course, I did. Now mind you, I choke down on that club, AKA A. Kim, and have been striping the club. After a few swings ala Segio, I'm carrying the ball at least 275, lasered yardage.

I realize I must practice these changes to be proficient at it, but on the surface it sure is fun. My back has been killing me lately, but today I just played through the pain and actually felt like I was 20 years younger hitting it that far.

We'll see how it hold up tomorrow when I play.

Members online

No members online now.