• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trip to pro shop

jchase

Sep 23, 2008
Well made a nice little trip to the pro shop yesterday! Was just browsing aronud and ended up hitting a few irons in the simulator. The results were pretty good since i have not been able to hit a ball for 3 months now got some good swings in.

Actually bought two demo clubs that i fell in love with. Cleveland CG red tour spec 6 iron +1/2 inch stiff shaft and being a newbie thought i wouldn't be able to hit the ball cleanly. Well i was pretty wrong mind you this is on a simulator, but average shot was 187 yards with 129 mph ball speed with 19* launch angle. And actually opened and closed my stance and got movement both ways. Not sure how this will translate to real life but overall very pleased.

Then found a Ping s58 7 iron +1/2 inch stiff shaft in the demo bag. And to my amazement same thing open or close stance move the ball around and it turned out 175 yard average with similar ball speed and 20* launch angle.

So maybe when i look at some irons maybe i could actually pony up and get some players clubs didn't think that would happen anytime soon. Well just thought i would post that up here and see what you guys think!

Joe

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
So maybe when i look at some irons maybe i could actually pony up and get some players clubs didn't think that would happen anytime soon. Well just thought i would post that up here and see what you guys think!

Joe
May want to consider taking your own similar iron in with you at the time when you go to demo, because while I have found launch monitors are many times inconsistent, I have also found that they are usually "Consistently inconsistent" So you may be able to get a fair comparison when you see how they relate to your own club. Although because you bought the demo models, you will likely be able to check it out now on the range or the course to see how they compare. I like the idea of after deciding on a club buying a demo model if they are available, had I done that years ago with my i3+'s I would bargain to guess I never would have purchased them.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
129 ballspeed and 19* launch angle would be right around 187 yards on any good simulator. Nice swing :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.