• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

True cost of Pebble Beach

bcmoney82

Sep 9, 2008
I've read about the various costs associated with playing Pebble (greens fees, caddy fees, minimum stay at the hotel, etc). I'm looking for someone who has done a bare bones round of golf, no frills. What's the total out-of-pocket expense at the end of the day with all things considered?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
All I know is that a tee time cost 475.00 USD. I would image a motel in that area is going to run you well over 200.00 a night, not sure if they will have a minimum night stay or not.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I'm going to be out there this week and looked into it.
Greens fees (must be a guest) - $495
Room - Lodge at Pebble Beach - $800
Spa (SWMBO while I play) - $500

I thought about, laughed about it, forgot about it.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'm going to be out there this week and looked into it.
Greens fees (must be a guest) - $495
Room - Lodge at Pebble Beach - $800
Spa (SWMBO while I play) - $500

I thought about, laughed about it, forgot about it.

Drop me a line if you want to hook for a round. I'm not dropping 4 hundy to play PB but, depending on where you're staying, I'd love to hook up with you for an afternoon round.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I may be interested in making the drive north if you guys get together.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I would be embarassed to even pull my bag out of my car in their parking lot...let alone attempt to swing a club on that course.

I'll stick to my muni's around here thanks...lol

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I would be embarassed to even pull my bag out of my car in their parking lot...let alone attempt to swing a club on that course.

I'll stick to my muni's around here thanks...lol

There are alternatives.

Just up Hwy 1 there is Half Moon Bay Golf Links. Same California coastline but with e-club discounts for tee times noon or later brings green fees to a fourth of the cost. Second option is a drive into Livermore to play the Poppy sister course. Three BEAUTIFUL 9-hole courses that they mix and match. Again, for roughly a fourth to a fifth of the cost.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
The back 9 at Pacific Grove had some great views and its a pretty easy course.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Thanks for the offers guys, but I'm not even bringing sticks with me. Just rolling through from San Diego to Sacramento doing the tourist thing with SWMBO. Even bought some gray/pink plaid shorts and a pink shirt today. Got a ugly hat and am thinking about wearing black socks & sandals. AMO be stylin'.:)
pink.jpg

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Well if you end up anywhere near Bakersfield and want to do lunch lemme know. My office is about 15 min from I5 and house is about 10 min from the 99.

🔥 Latest posts