• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trying not to Flame a business, but Keep a Watchful Eye!!!

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
Ebay Power Seller -- Ebay ID: proshopwarehouse

Over the last week, I have been having a email battle over a headcover on Ebay. I bid on a Parrot headcover (a little Jimmy Buffet fan still inside me) and lost the bid. I later received an EBAY Second Chance Notice from the seller and I could not get the Ebay links to work, because the seller had closed the auction. I emailed the seller and we agreed on the price on the auction and I sent a payment to them thru Paypal. After a week, I had not received a UPS Tracking number or communication from the seller. I emailed them again and they had no record of my Paypal transaction or the Bid I won. They "Did not understand why I was emailing them about a closed auction"!!!!

I talked with this business and they agreed on a transaction and now they are backing out!!! I am a business manager myself and I understand the importance of a customer. Especially if you are an EBAY Power Seller, you have a score of over 50,000 on feedback, you have a 99.7% Feedback Rating, and you have your own website business.

Well, I know I don't start many threads here on ShotTalk and I don't post much here, but I read Shottalk everyday and I wanted to make sure the ShotTalk family keeps a "Watchful" Eye out for this Ebay Seller.

Please No Flames....... Just trying help out a future customer.

** I started a Dispute on Paypal for a refund of my very small payment of $12 and maybe see that come back........ Hell, that's nine holes at my favorite Golf Course......

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I'm not following......
They have a "web business" and only have one head cover to sell?

You made arrangements via e-mail, made the payment and they have no record of it?
Your paypal account certainly does. Does your paypal account indicate a payment to xyz parrot headcover shop? If so, that's all the proof you need.

Perhaps you made a mistake and payed someone elses account?

I find it hard to believe they would jeopardize their reputation for $12 unless they really didn't recieve the payment.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Slingblade61 said:
Perhaps you made a mistake and payed someone elses account?

(I only highlighted that because of the additon/edition shot...perhaps you mean paid? :p )

I'd have to agree here. If you have a Paypal statement and a transaction number (from Paypal), this should be open and shut. Especially if you sent funds, it was accepted(?) and now they refuse to acknowledge it.

I watched a program the other night on Paypal. Apparently their consumer fraud program is very difficult to get help from. I hope this isn't the case with you.

If it helps soothe the pain, I have a Penguin headcover you can have. Just send 12 bucks to my Paypal account.... :biglol:

R35

OP
Massimo

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
My Paypal account had the record of the transaction. I disputed the claim just about an hour ago and just received the refund from the Seller. They also sent me an email telling me to stop emailing them about the Ebay item -- that I was suppossedly trying to pay for. Hell, I forwarded them all the emails they sent me to prove the transaction. They sent me a refund for the exact amount, so they must have had the record of the transaction. I just don't understand why they did not agree on the payment after we made an agreement on the sale..... Funny group of idiots there....... It's funny how a business handles customer complaints. All they had to say to me was "Whoops, We made a mistake". I would have took that for an apology. Hell, I manager a business myself. I understand customers and their complaints like no-one else..... Hell, I have made mistakes and apologized. I have been "Put in my place" as well.

Damn, I'm rambling again.... Well, there's the solution....
By the way, it was one of the New Pals (animal) Parrot Headcover for my Driver. I refuse to have a damn Tiger on my Driver. Bad Karma!!!

OP
Massimo

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
Hey Rockford, Does it fit Oversized Woods? I am game if it does....

Do u have a pic or a link with a pic, maybe?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You know.......

There are doctors for people who like fuzzy animal head covers. ;)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
(I only highlighted that because of the additon/edition shot...perhaps you mean paid? )

By the way, if you have to explain it, it's not funny. :p

OP
Massimo

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
I can't really afford those doctors. I got to play 18 every Saturday. Plus, I have a wife, hence the reason those Pings are still in the my Fantasy world......

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Massimo said:
Hey Rockford, Does it fit Oversized Woods? I am game if it does....

Do u have a pic or a link with a pic, maybe?

It fits my Great Big Bertha 2.

The only knock is that it doesn't have the sock to protect the shaft.

Isn't that always it, you never have a sock to protect your shaft? :D

I'll take a pic tommorrow and get it up here for you to see.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.