• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tucked or untucked???

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
So it's something simple but when you play is your shirt tucked or untucked? I'm a member of the untucked camp. It's just more comfortable for me, what says the group???

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Tucked!! Don't think I've left the house in the past 50 years with a shirttail untucked... even to go to the grocery store. Just habit....
Our course does not enforce a strict dress code. However, when I first began playing this game I never walked on a course without a collared shirt and slacks. Over the years, the slacks have evolved into jeans or shorts... depending on weather. I still won't play in anything other than a collared shirt.
In our regular group, you are apt to see most any mode of dress. We have one who always has a golf town hanging from his belt. He takes a lot of ribbing. Another worked many years for a clothing wholesaler and always looks like he's dressed to attend a Board Meeting. We also can see cut-off jean shorts and cargo shorts. It's all about what's comfortable.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I used to tuck, I wanted to look like the pro's.

Now I work at a bank and wear a suit all week. On the weekend I DO NOT tuck my shirt in and am usually in a t shirt. If I have to go out I may out on a polo, but I'm not tucking. On the course, no tuck, it's just more relaxed for me.

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Pretty much all of my shirts have a collar. Few of them are designed to tuck. I dont like feeling restricted when Im playing anyway.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I agree, I always wear a polo and either slacks (fall/winter) or khaki shorts. Untucked just feels less restricted.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
One course I play requires tucked in. Shirt stay tucked in for about 2 shots on the first hole. Never been comfortable swinging with a tucked in shirt.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.