• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Turkey Heaven

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So it looks like IG's christmas dinner is gonna have a turkey option. Teed it up on Saturday and breezed round in a solid 75 for 38 stableford points. My playing partner also shot a 75 and from the 5 given out we grabed the last two birds going. I love playing for fowl and being able to put food on the table. aaaahhhhhh :D

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I hear you, but last year both my brother and I won 3 turkey vouchers! My mum was sick of us winning! Do you get cut 2 shots for a turkey as well?

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Well done!!

Looks like after being deprived of turkey the past couple of years IG finally gets justice.

I'm yet to win a turkey for this Christmas, but it's only a matter of time.

This thread is making me hungry, thinking of crisp turkey fresh out of the oven on Christmas day, nothing better!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Do you get cut 2 shots for a turkey as well?

Actually no. I am sitting at 4.6 and thought that score would put me down to 4 for next year for sure. Not a good move as it would elimiate me from Junior Cup for the next 2 years. But the SSS was quite high, so I live to breathe another day.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Well done!!

Looks like after being deprived of turkey the past couple of years IG finally gets justice.

I'm yet to win a turkey for this Christmas, but it's only a matter of time.

This thread is making me hungry, thinking of crisp turkey fresh out of the oven on Christmas day, nothing better!

There's so many things I could say to you about this...

Are you driving yet? Get up here to Portstewart and Andy and I wil take you on (again!!!). Maybe get young Cutler in on the action too.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Aaach .. shot 77 for 41 points (preferred lies) on Sunday, and didn't get a squeak at the prizes, 43 won it and 42 won 1st Class. Only consolation is the preferred lies mean I wont get cut.

Get a phone call from one of my Sunday group, we're offta his place in Malaga, Spain on the 25th Nov .. airfares are the princely sum of 35 euro each way

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Cool, where you playing?

We're lined up for Mijas (R.T Jones designed) 2 courses, turns out Des has become good drinking buddies with the course superintendant while over there and the offer was made for us to come and play. I think he mentioned Santa Clara/Torrequebrada as the 3rd round option ... ooooh can you believe it a suntan in November !! ... and outline planning permission was sought and granted by SWMBO ... happy days

Have you played there yerself ? .. any suggestions .. his place is about 10min drive from Fuengirola ..

The master

Oct 24, 2004
There's so many things I could say to you about this...

Are you driving yet? Get up here to Portstewart and Andy and I wil take you on (again!!!). Maybe get young Cutler in on the action too.

Yup, I am driving. I'm still to sick to play, and I haven't touched a club in over a month, so maybe sometime near to Christmas would be good? Let me hit the range a couple of times beforehand, I have probably forgotten how to swing a club.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Actually no. I am sitting at 4.6 and thought that score would put me down to 4 for next year for sure. Not a good move as it would elimiate me from Junior Cup for the next 2 years. But the SSS was quite high, so I live to breathe another day.

That's strange. In my club anyway you get cut 2 shots for every turkey you win, with 6 shots being the max you can be cut. It only applies for turkey competitions so the turkeys are evened out among more people, and not just guys on a hot streak

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Double Bagged!!

Another fowl bagged for Christmas. :)

Played on Saturday in what can only be described as a gale. Hit 2 drivers to our 11th and was still short (380 yards!!) but hit a drive and 8 iron to our 13th (500 yards!!!).

And guess what, I played with the Hi-Bore!!! I loved it. Shorter than the TEE but SOOO straight in the wind. I was as lucky as a kid locked in a sweet-shop, but man that was a good score in the wind. +3 for 16 holes (33 points). Finished -2 for the last 4 holes with a sweet bird on the last!

"Honey, I'm hot today!!!"

Vt. watch out!

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005

Sure the handicaps have been frozen since the end of October !!

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Another fowl bagged for Christmas. :)

Played on Saturday in what can only be described as a gale. Hit 2 drivers to our 11th and was still short (380 yards!!) but hit a drive and 8 iron to our 13th (500 yards!!!).

And guess what, I played with the Hi-Bore!!! I loved it. Shorter than the TEE but SOOO straight in the wind. I was as lucky as a kid locked in a sweet-shop, but man that was a good score in the wind. +3 for 16 holes (33 points). Finished -2 for the last 4 holes with a sweet bird on the last!

"Honey, I'm hot today!!!"

Vt. watch out!

Aye, Garrett was tellin me he hit driver, 3-wood in there. Shocking !! Wind really got up later on, too.

Might be up for playing this weekend coming if you're up for it. Was hittin her real well yesterday there....

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
OMG - I'll be needing some more strokes I think. I didn't break 80 down there in the desert last year.

🔥 Latest posts