• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TV Commercials

skywalker7

Aug 18, 2007
We have just watched the Bridgestone and PGA and here in the USA I am getting fed up with the commercials we are seeing during pro golf championships seen on TV. I know sponsors are needed to supply the funds to broadcast these events (including hiring of commentators, etc.), but why to we have to be exposed to commercials of such poor quality which are shown over and over. I have seen the commercials shown when the Superbowl (American football) is shown on TV, and many people who have a little or no interest in the sport watch the game just to see them. I have seen television commercials from around the world and know how enjoyable they can be, and wonder if those who watch pro golf overseas suffer from the same problem? Is professional golf considered so far down the ladder as compared to American or European football, for example, that they will not make the effort to give us commercials we can enjoy, or do they just don't care? I have listened to other golf fans complain about just this. Even reruns of past classic commercials for the Superbowl and for events overseas would be preferable to the poor effort shown presently.
There are those who may say be glad, so that you have the chance to pee, to get something to eat, maybe even to play around with your significant other, without missing Tiger or anyone else? True, but if commercials were better, we would have the choice of seeing them or of taking care of other matters. Anyway, after the Superbowl we have a chance of voting for the best ones and seeing them again. Also, VCR's exist all over the world, and great commercials can be videoed. In fact, I have a series of classic Superbowl commercials on my PC. I think as golf enthusiasts, considering how many tournaments are broadcast and viewed in the USA and throughout the world we deserve the same recognition as fans in other sports as I mentioned. I'd like to hear your feelings, including those from fans overseas who watch the same events.

Ralph

OP
S

skywalker7

Aug 18, 2007
We have just watched the Bridgestone and PGA and here in the USA I am getting fed up with the commercials we are seeing during pro golf championships seen on TV. I know sponsors are needed to supply the funds to broadcast these events (including hiring of commentators, etc.), but why to we have to be exposed to commercials of such poor quality which are shown over and over. I have seen the commercials shown when the Superbowl (American football) is shown on TV, and many people who have a little or no interest in the sport watch the game just to see them. I have seen television commercials from around the world and know how enjoyable they can be, and wonder if those who watch pro golf overseas suffer from the same problem? Is professional golf considered so far down the ladder as compared to American or European football, for example, that they will not make the effort to give us commercials we can enjoy, or do they just don't care? I have listened to other golf fans complain about just this. Even reruns of past classic commercials for the Superbowl and for events overseas would be preferable to the poor effort shown presently.
There are those who may say be glad, so that you have the chance to pee, to get something to eat, maybe even to play around with your significant other, without missing Tiger or anyone else? True, but if commercials were better, we would have the choice of seeing them or of taking care of other matters. Anyway, after the Superbowl we have a chance of voting for the best ones and seeing them again. Also, VCR's exist all over the world, and great commercials can be videoed. In fact, I have a series of classic Superbowl commercials on my PC. I think as golf enthusiasts, considering how many tournaments are broadcast and viewed in the USA and throughout the world we deserve the same recognition as fans in other sports as I mentioned. I'd like to hear your feelings, including those from fans overseas who watch the same events.

Ralph

Ooops -- I think I duplicated this thread.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.