• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TV coverage UK Vs US

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I wish the BBC covered every golf tournament astheir coverage is just superb. I find with US TV coverage they focus far too heavily on putts and statistics, I'd much rather see full shots, recovery shots etc. Also the beeb have started concentrating more on swing techniques by showing different angles on super slow-mo' cameras which is great for swing nerds like myself.

I can understand that it's the putts that decide who wins, so maybe I'm on my own with my view, what do you think?

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Yeah I agree, but I didn't realise there were other groups on the course other that Tigers group and Watsons group.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I like the coverage overall from the UK, but what's with all the crazy accents? Crazy accents are funny at first, but after a couple of skits, they wear on a guy. I'm hoping as the coverage progresses they'll drop all the crazy accents.

Kevin

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I like the coverage overall from the UK, but what's with all the crazy accents? Crazy accents are funny at first, but after a couple of skits, they wear on a guy. I'm hoping as the coverage progresses they'll drop all the crazy accents.

Kevin

LOL. I agree that the BBC coverage is great. I think they focus more on the golf then the player, if that make sense. I want to see great golf, no matter who is playing it.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Thank God for the BBC. I've found out whats wrong with me.... I've got Swine Flu!!! So I'm quarentined for the next few days. If it wasn't for the BBc's 12 Hours of coverage today and tomorrow i'd go mad! I'm glad the weather forcast was wrong lovly scoring day today.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I wish the BBC covered every golf tournament astheir coverage is just superb. I find with US TV coverage they focus far too heavily on putts and statistics, I'd much rather see full shots, recovery shots etc. Also the beeb have started concentrating more on swing techniques by showing different angles on super slow-mo' cameras which is great for swing nerds like myself.

I can understand that it's the putts that decide who wins, so maybe I'm on my own with my view, what do you think?

I've never seen BBC coverage that I know of.. but I agree there are some improvements I would make to US Coverage.

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
Agree with this wholeheartedly, the BBC coverage has been awesome. Had the 4th round of the PAV I.T Plate (a Sussex, UK Golf Club scratch tournament) today - 36 holes, missed most of the TV coverage, but Sky+'d it and spent most of the day talking to my opponents about how bloody excellent the BBC has been at this year’s Open.

🔥 Latest posts