• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Two great iron shots... in a row!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been "challenged" this year with my golf game. I can't buy a putt even though I'm hitting them on the line I pick with the right speed. They always do something unexpected at the end.

BUT!!..... sssmokin, his buddy Dan and I played Westhaven in Oshkosh and there is a 294 yard par 4 that you can't use the driver on. It has water about 170 out and large trees on the left side of the slightly dog leg left hole. Also trees on the right which makes the landing area very narrow. Unless you hit the driver high and over 270 consistently you wouldn't even try it. The water goes around the front half of the area beyond 270 yards and there's more trees left of the green near that water. Very tough hole.

You have to hit and iron and keep it in the middle and get as close to the water as possible without going in the rough along the edges of the water. Then hit a 150 yard shot in.

I did it. Hit my iron perfectly and then put my second shot five feet from the pin. Missed the birdie putt by an inch but tapped in for par.

I've had lot's of problems hitting my irons lately. It's me not my irons. This hole kind of made up for a whole lot of bad golf lately. Another par 3 I missed the green but chipped up close and made that par. (Of course sssmokin chipped his in for a birdie).

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well played hole! But, you can't drive a 295 yard hole? Whatsa matta? Gettin' old???

Good to see you getting out and playing some golf.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Well played hole! But, you can't drive a 295 yard hole? Whatsa matta? Gettin' old???

Good to see you getting out and playing some golf.

Yep, just go over to WRX and they will show you how to drive that green with a 7 iron wbl.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Yep, just go over to WRX and they will show you how to drive that green with a 7 iron wbl.

I haven't been in that site for 2 or more years and no plans to now! Little snot nosed "know-it-alls" can share their amazing talents amoung themselves.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online