• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Two "new" putters fighting it out

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
The Yes! Tracy has bent sent to the closet for misbehavior.

So yesterday I went to Bonaventure in search of a new flatstick. I tested the Spyder, a couple of other Rossas, a couple of Scottys, the Odessey #1, a 2 Ball, a Heavy blade and mallet, and a few others.

The Odessey #1 was the winner, but no way was I spending $280 on a putter.

So I ended up with a used Voodoo. I had it regripped with a Winn AVS in black. It swingweights at D9 and is 35" long.

I also bought the same grip to install on the PING A-Blade head that I had found on the range a couple of weeks ago, cleaned up, straightened the bent neck, and reshafted with an old shaft. I also swingweighted it to D9.

So these 2 will fight it out for a place in the bag. The PING is leading in practise putts made so far, even without an alignment line. The feel of this putter is incredible. Anyone know what year is was originally made?

Never Compromise Voodoo:
DSCN0592.JPG
DSCN0593.JPG
DSCN0594.JPG

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Doc, that Ping was a real find!! :) And did you try any Odyssey "claws" or 2-ball putters? The 2-ball really stays on line for me on the backstroke but the end results just weren't that impressive. I couldn't find anything that worked better then my Spider. Many were as good such as that claw. I liked that because you can pick the ball up so easily with it.. I still have to try the Rife putters. Did you try them? :D

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Yep, I tried the Rife 2Bar and it was nice. Did not try the Sabertooth, as it just looks to wierd. I tried several Odyssey models, including the 2Ball, and they worked fine.

I have some to the conclusion that the main factors in a putter for me are length, swingweight and looks.

Some of the heads, like the 3Ball SRT, Spider, etc, just look too "busy" and distract my eye from the ball and alignment.

🔥 Latest posts