• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

U Pro GPS

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Have you fellows (and fellowettes) seen the advertisements for these? They look REALLY cool. I did some reading on the site and the "flyovers" are probably only available for more notable courses. Still though, it's much sleeker than any of the other GPS units I've seen. They were just flooding the airwaves with commercials for this during the Turning Stone Resort Championship (which is actually about 35 miles from me).

uprogps.com

Seems costly to get courses on it though. How much do other GPS memberships cost?

reddingsetgo

Oct 5, 2008
Got a upro

Silver - I have had a upro for a few months now, and I love it! I originally saw them at the PGA Merchandising show in early 2008. I have a couple other range finders as well, and it just destroys them. The "pro" courses with flyovers, satellite imagery, etc are bought in packages and are priced depending on how many you buy. For exampel, the package I bought which I think came with like 50 Pro mode courses, prices them at around $2.50 each, but if you buy them one at a time it costs more.

One thing they just sent me an email on though, is now they have free "basic" course downloads. I have downloaded about 70 of these already, and their basic course data is actually offers more than the Skycaddie SG5 (or the Golflogix, or any other I have seen for that matter).

VThomas

Oct 5, 2008
Free Downloads

They just began offering the free downloads. I have played at least a dozen different courses with mine and there is no comparison. The accuracy is extremely good and now that they have free downloads and no annual fees there isn't another GPS that comes close.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm trying to find one that will be worthwhile... I just don't want to pay a hefty subscribing fee every year.. I want it less than $30 to get updated maps a year.

I saw the U Pro.. just doesn't seem like it's worth it.

I don't want to fool with a rangefinder...

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online