• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

UFC!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I only started watching UFC about a month ago when I was at a friends house. It was a ppv and was great viewing, must say it was very exciting, and kept you on the edge of your seat. I have pretty much been hooked for the past month and have started watching the ultimate fighter as well. Anyone else watch it?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I prefer going into a bar and using my skills as a ventriloquist to get fights started at bars.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
I only started watching UFC about a month ago when I was at a friends house. It was a ppv and was great viewing, must say it was very exciting, and kept you on the edge of your seat. I have pretty much been hooked for the past month and have started watching the ultimate fighter as well. Anyone else watch it?

Ultimate Fighter by itself isn't worth the 50 cents or so on my electric bill it would take to turn the TV on. But UFC ppv is amazing.

fuzzyjr

Oct 17, 2007
UFC

I have been watching UFC and Pride for nearly a decade. Back when Gracie and Shamrock were the premier fighters. I will say its came a long way. I personally enjoy UFC and the talent and mental toughness it takes to get your head beat in year after year. I think its a raw sport that requires something most of us dont have. Go Vera!!!!!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I watched the very first one UFC number 1 and have been a huge fan ever since. The gracie-shamrock fights were stil some of the best ever.

I love watching people beat the shit of each other.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I love watching people beat the shit of each other.

Move to England, then just sit in any town center on a Saturday evening when the pubs are filling up and you can watch it for free! ;)

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I was completely amazed the first time I saw Royce fight. Have been hooked ever since. Watching Royce hold Kimo's ponytail and Joe Son taking the shots to the balls were some of the better moments.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've just never "gotten" one-on-one "fake" fights. In a one-on-one fight, I have one goal - to kill my opponent. Fist, knife, gun, whatever it takes. No drama, just death. Everything else is BS.

You wanna' prove how tough you are? Fine, go unarmed against four or five guys. Otherwise, don't waste my time pretending that it's a "fight". Because it's not.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Joe Son taking the shots to the balls

I will never shake that image. You could see his pills separate with every punch thanks to those damn tights. He took 5-6 shots before tapping, I took less and I was only watching.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Time to go the full necro on this thread.

Anyone see the Michael Bisping vs Anderson Silva fight?

Bisping's face wasn't looking to good by the end.

i

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
He won though, didn't he?

He did at that. A unanimous decision but only by a whisker. I was interested to watch Bisping because I used to pull for him a few years back when I used to watch it avidly.

I used to like UFC but not so much these days. I know the competitors do it willingly but I'm one of the minority who think it should be banned due to the high risk of serious injuries involved let alone the brain damage.

Having said that, I gladly watched the whole 5 rounds. It was gripping drama at times. Bisping knocked Silva down in the 2nd. Silva knocked Bisping down with a vicious knee to the jaw as the bell went at the end of the 3rd. Bisping then had to come back out in the 4th on rubbery legs. It was a miracle he lasted the final two rounds let alone win it. Bisping copped a vicious kick to the jaw in the 4th that would've felled a bull elephant. His face bore testament to his uphill battle to victory.

Last edited:

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
He did at that. A unanimous decision but only by a whisker. I was interested to watch Bisping because I used to pull for him a few years back when I used to watch it avidly.

I used to like UFC but not so much these days. I know the competitors do it willingly but I'm one of the minority who think it should be banned due to the high risk of serious injuries involved let alone the brain damage.

Having said that, I gladly watched the whole 5 rounds. It was gripping drama at times. Bisping knocked Silva down in the 2nd. Silva knocked Bisping down with a vicious knee to the jaw as the bell went at the end of the 3rd. Bisping then had to come back out in the 4th on rubbery legs. It was a miracle he lasted the final two rounds let alone win it. Bisping copped a vicious kick to the jaw in the 4th that would've felled a bull elephant. His face bore testament to his uphill battle to victory.
I'm in the same boat used to be a huge fan but over the last couple of of years have stopped watching a bit. With that being said, I really like Connor McGregor.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online