• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ugh, enough already!

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
Is Wie considered an amateur?

No, I was simply pointing out that there are at least 2 other young females out there who have accomplished more than Wie as amateurs (that's what all the hype is based on) and aren't screwing around trying to play with the men. Granted they'd have no chance due to their lack of distance, but I think Michelle should try beating these girls/women first.

Imagine this: What if Michelle Wie looked like a young Meg Mallon/Pat Hurst/Laura Davies? If she possessed the same skills, would we be talking about her now?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Found this on Bomb Squad Golf:

"Tiger Woods Enjoying His Last Bit of Dominance Until Michelle Wie Starts Crushing Him"

Tiger Woods capped off his dominant victory in last weekend’s Buick Open with a powerful fist-pump on the 18th green – a sign he is fully aware he must savor each and every victory because with the greatest golfer ever, Michelle Wie, on his heels, Woods winning a tournament will soon be a rare occurrence.

“Sunday was a big victory for me,” said Woods. “It got me to a milestone, 50 PGA wins, and that’s important to me since I have a feeling I’m not going to reach anymore milestones in my career. For I, like all other golfers, am at the mercy of Michelle Wie. Throughout the rest of my career I’ll just be playing for second.”

Wie, the nearly 17-year-old super-phenom, is – by almost all accounts – destined to be the greatest golfer and most dominant athlete ever.

“The run at the top for Tiger Woods is all but over,” says golf analyst Johnny Miller. “Everywhere I turn it’s Michelle Wie. Billboards, TV commercials, print ads – and ESPN talks about her non-stop. So she must be really awesome, because if all that’s not the mark of a great one, then I don’t know what is.”

Woods says the tears he shed after winning the British Open last month was not so much because of the emotion of winning without his recently-deceased father – as most assumed – but because he figured the win would be his last-ever major title due to Wie’s impending dominance.

“I’ve worked so hard since I was a little kid to be a great golfer, and I realized at the end of the British Open that my time at the top is pretty much over,” he said. “The emotions just spilled out. And then I was so ashamed because I thought that Michelle Wie would perceive my crying as a weakness and use it to destroy me even more. So that started the sobbing. I just pray she shows mercy on me. And I want her to know that I’ll see it as an honor to play with her and be beaten by her. Who knows, maybe I can even learn by watching her play and it will allow me to lose by a little less. But I hope she doesn’t take that as disrespect. I mean, I’m still competitive. It’s just that I’m resigned to what’s inevitable. I see the writing on the wall.”

But Wie’s preeminence has not just had an effect on Woods. Phil Mickelson has heard Wie’s footsteps, too.

“People still ask me what happened on the 72nd hole at the U.S. Open, and I’ll tell you the truth: it was Michelle Wie. She was in my head,” says Mickelson. “Everything was going well and then I realized this was probably my last chance to win a major since Michelle will be winning them all soon. And I choked and pushed my drive way left. Then I was in deep rough with a tree in front of me. I should have punched out on to the fairway, but I thought, WWMD – ‘What Would Michelle Do’ – like I always do when I’m in a tough spot and decided to go for the green and hit it over the tree. But the thing is, I forgot to remember that I’m not as great as Michelle and therefore can’t pull off a shot like that. So I muffed it, and before I knew it I had lost the Open.”

Wie, coming off a 26th place finish – 13 strokes behind the winner – at the women’s British Open, says she will begin her assault on the men’s tour and begin accumulating majors there as soon as she is granted an exemption into every men’s major.

“Women’s golf is so easy for me, I can’t keep my concentration,” says Wie. “Like, their courses are so short and their greens are so flat I get bored. It’s a waste of my time to put in the effort to win. I’m just going to wait to win until I’m given an exemption into The Masters and the U.S. Open and all the other majors. Then I’ll really try. And I think I deserve an exemption because I’m so awesome. I mean, all of my handlers say it’s true, so it must be. Plus, I have a big Nike contract and everything.”

ProjectX

They said it'd get better
Sep 1, 2004
Found this on Bomb Squad Golf:

"Tiger Woods Enjoying His Last Bit of Dominance Until Michelle Wie Starts Crushing Him"

Tiger Woods capped off his dominant victory in last weekend’s Buick Open with a powerful fist-pump on the 18th green – a sign he is fully aware he must savor each and every victory because with the greatest golfer ever, Michelle Wie, on his heels, Woods winning a tournament will soon be a rare occurrence.

“Sunday was a big victory for me,” said Woods. “It got me to a milestone, 50 PGA wins, and that’s important to me since I have a feeling I’m not going to reach anymore milestones in my career. For I, like all other golfers, am at the mercy of Michelle Wie. Throughout the rest of my career I’ll just be playing for second.”

Wie, the nearly 17-year-old super-phenom, is – by almost all accounts – destined to be the greatest golfer and most dominant athlete ever.

“The run at the top for Tiger Woods is all but over,” says golf analyst Johnny Miller. “Everywhere I turn it’s Michelle Wie. Billboards, TV commercials, print ads – and ESPN talks about her non-stop. So she must be really awesome, because if all that’s not the mark of a great one, then I don’t know what is.”

Woods says the tears he shed after winning the British Open last month was not so much because of the emotion of winning without his recently-deceased father – as most assumed – but because he figured the win would be his last-ever major title due to Wie’s impending dominance.

“I’ve worked so hard since I was a little kid to be a great golfer, and I realized at the end of the British Open that my time at the top is pretty much over,” he said. “The emotions just spilled out. And then I was so ashamed because I thought that Michelle Wie would perceive my crying as a weakness and use it to destroy me even more. So that started the sobbing. I just pray she shows mercy on me. And I want her to know that I’ll see it as an honor to play with her and be beaten by her. Who knows, maybe I can even learn by watching her play and it will allow me to lose by a little less. But I hope she doesn’t take that as disrespect. I mean, I’m still competitive. It’s just that I’m resigned to what’s inevitable. I see the writing on the wall.”

But Wie’s preeminence has not just had an effect on Woods. Phil Mickelson has heard Wie’s footsteps, too.

“People still ask me what happened on the 72nd hole at the U.S. Open, and I’ll tell you the truth: it was Michelle Wie. She was in my head,” says Mickelson. “Everything was going well and then I realized this was probably my last chance to win a major since Michelle will be winning them all soon. And I choked and pushed my drive way left. Then I was in deep rough with a tree in front of me. I should have punched out on to the fairway, but I thought, WWMD – ‘What Would Michelle Do’ – like I always do when I’m in a tough spot and decided to go for the green and hit it over the tree. But the thing is, I forgot to remember that I’m not as great as Michelle and therefore can’t pull off a shot like that. So I muffed it, and before I knew it I had lost the Open.”

Wie, coming off a 26th place finish – 13 strokes behind the winner – at the women’s British Open, says she will begin her assault on the men’s tour and begin accumulating majors there as soon as she is granted an exemption into every men’s major.

“Women’s golf is so easy for me, I can’t keep my concentration,” says Wie. “Like, their courses are so short and their greens are so flat I get bored. It’s a waste of my time to put in the effort to win. I’m just going to wait to win until I’m given an exemption into The Masters and the U.S. Open and all the other majors. Then I’ll really try. And I think I deserve an exemption because I’m so awesome. I mean, all of my handlers say it’s true, so it must be. Plus, I have a big Nike contract and everything.”

Now that's good stuff. LMAO

:biglol:

Dorkman53

May 17, 2005
Did anybody else notice that she seems to have put on a few pounds? I thought her legs looked chunkier and her theighs a bit flabbier in those tight pants this last week. Maybe all of this failure has sent her to seek comfort with a bucket or two of ice cream.

I doubt that sponsors will be so free with their invitations in the next year or two, judging by her dismal performances against men in 2006. She's like a bad joke that gets less funny each time it gets re-told. I don't care if she is only allowed a limited number of LPGA slots/year. That's no reason to continually humiliate herself on the PGA and other men's tours. She should be winning amateur titles right now, but since that door of opportunity is closed, how about actually winning on the LPGA Tour a few times before being coronated as the greatest woman golfer of all time?!

Dorkman53

May 17, 2005
Now she wants to be on the Ryder Cup Team (eventually). As a Sponsor's Exemption, Michelle?

Actually, a year or two ago, I think she said that someday she would like to win the Masters. Yeah, and someday I would like to be President of the United States or the pope.

smitty

Jul 6, 2006
Meanwhile, the real greatest female golfer of modern times, Annika, quietly goes on winning.
Exactly. Too bad Annika doesn't get half of the publicity Michelle Wie gets. Annika is really an awesome player, and the consummate professional as well.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Is this thread still alive???

We need a beating the dead horse icon Sling. ;)

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
No, I was simply pointing out that there are at least 2 other young females out there who have accomplished more than Wie as amateurs (that's what all the hype is based on) and aren't screwing around trying to play with the men. Granted they'd have no chance due to their lack of distance, but I think Michelle should try beating these girls/women first.

Imagine this: What if Michelle Wie looked like a young Meg Mallon/Pat Hurst/Laura Davies? If she possessed the same skills, would we be talking about her now?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
She will be learning a hell of a lot with all this golf.In front of huge crowds,massive pressure,long tough courses etc etc.When she finally plays on the LPGA,she will burn it up,it will all seem so easy.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Until Sling started the mug give aways I did follow the pga or lpga that close and didn't realize she turned pro without belonging too the LPGA or PGA, but as of late I have been following most of these events and after reading some of Wie's press coverage I think she is nuts!

Wie;
" It makes me want to come back and show that I'm a better player than this," she said. "My view is that to get better on the men's tour and to be a better player, I have to keep playing men's events.
"If I just play women's events, I only get better at women's events. I feel I have a good balance now."

If she doesn't start winning and stop whining the only thing I'm going to what to here her say is " I love you long time"

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
She's sold out to Nike, simple as that. They need to re-coup there massive lay out on her contract and the only way to do that is with all the media hype that follows her when she plays in a mens event.

When Tiger 1st signed for Nike he didn't sign up to using any of there equiptment other than the balls they developed specially for him. He said he would use there products when he felt they were as good as if not better than the clubs he currently had. Michelle has sold out totally have you seen that putter she uses? If i turned up for a match and somebody pulled that thing out i would know they can't putt and would not give them any putts at all.

The final nail in the coffin for her though is the lack of yardage of the tee. She may be a longer hitter when compared with the girls but she was the shortest in the event in switzerland this week. She isn't a good enough iron player to make up for it. The pundits on sky commented that she was stood over the ball not knowing if it was going to miss left or right.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.