• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ughhh

conner740

May 24, 2009
So i shot 37 on the front... then the back i was 3 under going into 16 and i three put from 12 feet on 16. three putt from 15 feet on 17 and 18 is a par five i had 235 in. just miss the green to the left bunker chip out to 8 feet and THREE PUTT from there..... uggh is all i can say... i couldnt miss earlier in the round and it was like i lost my touch and didnt have one beeer.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Dude, the real problem is your driver and 3W. Unless your driver averages 310 and 3W 280 you're fecked from the start. I suggest you restart this thread beginning with, "distance is not a problem for me, average about 305 off the tee........." THEN we'll be rollin and can move on to the putting.

OP
C

conner740

May 24, 2009
i am confused what u are saying nututhugame? there was no problems with my drives and i dont hit it by no means 310 off the tee. and i normally putt very well also. i was just venting.... that i just self destructed on that last three holes :) sober at that haha

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I was just joking.... you'll understand after coming around for a while. Back to the subject, I like to think of these things as "the great equalizer". That is the rule that states "no golfer is allowed to shoot that well for that long." I would bet all golfers vividly remember their best round ever. It was the one where nothing went wrong.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
It was the lack of beer. As the round progresses, and you are on pace to shoot a all time best, the pressure builds. There is only one known way to counteract it, cold adult beverages, and in massive quantities.

You may not shoot any better than you would have sober, but at least you'll have an excuse. ;)

In other words, don't feel bad, it happens to all of us, some of us more often than others.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
I feel the less I think about my score,, the better I score. Stop focusing on scoring and just limit yourself to hitting good shots... That is the difference between good club golfers and good PLAYERS. The confidence will come when you put the "I had it three under..." behind you.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
..... uggh is all i can say... i couldnt miss earlier in the round and it was like i lost my touch and didnt have one beeer.
Just curious. Did you start to add up your score prior to 16???

Would seem like the logical reason from a bystander.

🔥 Latest posts