• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Uhhh...does anyone know how to fly a plane?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Nope. But I'd make you learn, I have your little pink ball sitting on my desk, and I'm not afraid to hit it with a hammer!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Hey, if they could do it in Airplane!, why not for real?

Just put in on automatic pilot. But, you better hope it doesn't deflate :shocked:

awww.bgu.ac.il_noar_students_interhug967_gil_tv_movie_airplane_otto.jpg

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Nope. But I'd make you learn, I have your little pink ball sitting on my desk, and I'm not afraid to hit it with a hammer!
First you PM me to tell me how much you love to kiss my pink ball before bed every night, and now this...

Whatever will I do with you?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I love the press when it comes to aviation stories. :laugh:

"her license for reading coquepit instruments had expired"

I must have missed that license as well when I was going through flight training and at all the airlines I have worked at, never heard of it. I am assuming they are referring to her Instrument Rating which has nothing to do with being able to "read instruments" but is rather a currency rating for being able to fly IFR (instrument flight rules) rather than by visual references. They are the same instruments you are reading when you fly VFR (visual flight rules), they do not get any more complicated to read when you can not see the ground. An Instrument Rating, once you have added it your license it is not a license onto itself, has to be maintained through currency (flying enough hours under IMC conditions over a period of time) or by performing a check with an instructor to return to current status. You do not forget how to do it, you just need to prove that you can still do it if you have not done it in a while. Pilot licenses never expire. Ratings and Medicals Certificates expire.

As the captain was fully capable, her duties probably consisted of handling the radio calls and flipping a few switches that are outside the reach of the captain from the left seat. No way in hell you hand the controls over to a non-rated pilot with passengers on board unless there is no other option. A Boeing 767 can be safely flown by just the Captain and an assistant in the right seat to turn the few required knobs and switches that are not withing the reach from the left seat.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online