• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Un-Lucky

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I played yesterday and today and had some of the worst luck I can remember.

On the second yesterday I hit my tee shot into the fairway bunker. Normally no big deal, I have saved par from that bunker many times. When I got up to the ball it was the worst lie in a bunker I had ever had. The ball was 75% burried and sitting inside a crater. The worst fried egg I have ever seen. I was happy to just get it out of the bunker and walk away with a double.

Move forward to the 8th and I made a bad club selection on a sucker pin on the back edge of the green. I flew the ball just over the tip of the pin and the ball completely plugged in the back lip of the bunker in the steepest part of the bunker. This lie was even worse than the one earlier. I had to go out of the bunker backwards leaving a flop shot to a tight pin with the whole green sloping away from me. Throw in a 3-putt for a tripple.

Today I played nine with my son and luck was again not on my side. Bad lies and poor angles for approach shots had me scrambling all day. On our last hole of the day a 160 yard par 3 I hit one of my best 6-iron tee shots ever. The ball towered its way to the green right on the flag stick. The ball hit the flag stick dead center about 6 inches off the ground, left a ball mark 3 inches from the cup and spun back 4-feet off of the green. Thankfully I got up and down for par. That was the closest I have come to a hole in one.

It is a funny game. Sometimes you can feel like your hitting the ball great all day but luck kicks you in the nuts.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.