• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

United Premier PC-01 blades - review

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Ok, so I got the new irons. I must say they look as good as they do in the pictures. The head shape is a little different, but it does set up nicely behind the ball. Nice thin top line, frames the ball nicely, slightly small head than my gamer. The 8-PW looks a little cuppy around the heel, but that will only take a little getting used to.

They feel a little lighter, which is only to be expected with the graphite shafts. I took them out for a spin last night and the results are encouraging. It was a gorgeous night with just a mere light breeze. The ground has got hard over the past few weeks, so the ball is running more and the warmer temperature means the the ball is flying a bit further.

There is a lovely soft feel off the forged face. I also hit it higher with these and possibly ½ a club longer than my current TM gamers. I felt I could go after shots and still get stability at impact, so the stiff spec is real. I’m guessing the reduced weight enables faster clubhead speed. I probably hit 11 full shots and out of this I hit 5 great, 4 neutral and 2 poor shots, the latter two were more to do with my swing than the club and it was going left, more of a pull than a hook.

They feel forgiving. I hit a few shots that didn't feel dead, solid, perfect and I still managed to exceed my yardage. The dead feel is nice, certainly feels different than my cast gamers.

I’m keen to get these bad boys out in a stronger wind to see if I can control the flight with them and I will need a lot more range time to fully dial them in, but I’m happy with my initial findings.

I paid a bit more than I planned for these but the shafts (KBS 80) and the grips (GP Tour Align) are top of the range. So I feel like I have got my hands on a premium set. Let’s see how long these guys last.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

COPIED FROM A PREVIOUS POST

I've done a bit of research on these. It's a UK company who sell most of their stuff to Japan and South Korea. Here's the blah blah blah.

United Golf Clubs were developed by the same company that brought Vega to the UK. Their aim was to create a modern UK golf brand using the best possible materials and manufacturing processes. Forged from a single block of super soft carbon steel the PC-01 gives an incredible feel. The clean looks from address with the thin top line make this a great cavity back iron for the better player. The extra heel and toe weighting also makes them extremely forgiving on off centre hits. The extra weight in the top of the blade, created by the cut through cavity, ensures a strong, powerful flight and enhances feel and performance.

I'm excited to try the new shafts, getting old means I need more speed, first time trying graphite shafts in irons. These things look shiny too. I get them at the weekend. Review to follow.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Ok, so I got the new irons. I must say they look as good as they do in the pictures. The head shape is a little different, but it does set up nicely behind the ball. Nice thin top line, frames the ball nicely, slightly small head than my gamer. The 8-PW looks a little cuppy around the heel, but that will only take a little getting used to.

They feel a little lighter, which is only to be expected with the graphite shafts. I took them out for a spin last night and the results are encouraging. It was a gorgeous night with just a mere light breeze. The ground has got hard over the past few weeks, so the ball is running more and the warmer temperature means the the ball is flying a bit further.

There is a lovely soft feel off the forged face. I also hit it higher with these and possibly ½ a club longer than my current TM gamers. I felt I could go after shots and still get stability at impact, so the stiff spec is real. I’m guessing the reduced weight enables faster clubhead speed. I probably hit 11 full shots and out of this I hit 5 great, 4 neutral and 2 poor shots, the latter two were more to do with my swing than the club and it was going left, more of a pull than a hook.

They feel forgiving. I hit a few shots that didn't feel dead, solid, perfect and I still managed to exceed my yardage. The dead feel is nice, certainly feels different than my cast gamers.

I’m keen to get these bad boys out in a stronger wind to see if I can control the flight with them and I will need a lot more range time to fully dial them in, but I’m happy with my initial findings.

I paid a bit more than I planned for these but the shafts (KBS 80) and the grips (GP Tour Align) are top of the range. So I feel like I have got my hands on a premium set. Let’s see how long these guys last.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

COPIED FROM A PREVIOUS POST

I've done a bit of research on these. It's a UK company who sell most of their stuff to Japan and South Korea. Here's the blah blah blah.

United Golf Clubs were developed by the same company that brought Vega to the UK. Their aim was to create a modern UK golf brand using the best possible materials and manufacturing processes. Forged from a single block of super soft carbon steel the PC-01 gives an incredible feel. The clean looks from address with the thin top line make this a great cavity back iron for the better player. The extra heel and toe weighting also makes them extremely forgiving on off centre hits. The extra weight in the top of the blade, created by the cut through cavity, ensures a strong, powerful flight and enhances feel and performance.

I'm excited to try the new shafts, getting old means I need more speed, first time trying graphite shafts in irons. These things look shiny too. I get them at the weekend. Review to follow.
Shiny!!!

Nice review!

Vidmaster

Apr 8, 2023
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
I am thinking of buying the UP PC-01 4-pw irons so interested to ask if you have any further thoughts and reflections since your initial report back in 2020?
Have you gained any further distance and got used to the cuppy shorter clubs?
Especially their wearability ( being forged ) and if excessive bag dings, and if face & grooves have held through European climate.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hi
I am thinking of buying the UP PC-01 4-pw irons so interested to ask if you have any further thoughts and reflections since your initial report back in 2020?
Have you gained any further distance and got used to the cuppy shorter clubs?
Especially their wearability ( being forged ) and if excessive bag dings, and if face & grooves have held through European climate.
Message IG so he gets a notification. He's now playing MIzuno irons so, evidently, the ones he reviewed here didn't stay in the bag. He'll be honest with you as to why he didn't keep them.

Vidmaster

Apr 8, 2023
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi IG can you advise why the change to Mizuno please? Was it the quality issue or a feel problem? I look forward to your reply
Thanks in advance

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hi IG can you advise why the change to Mizuno please? Was it the quality issue or a feel problem? I look forward to your reply
Thanks in advance
I sent him a PM. Lets see if he checks in in the next couple days.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks Limp for the heads up. Yes I had a set of these irons, or a previous model I think. Beautiful looking clubs, with graphite shafts. Felt great, only issue was I hit them too high. I play links golf and it is nearly always windy. So high flights hurt me. I gamed them for a few rounds but decided to move on. That said, the resell price was not great. So keep that in mind. Try and hit a few demo clubs first if you can. Like I said they are a beautiful club, and seem to be good quality. Just not for me. Good luck.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
One of the regulars in our group just bought a set of irons from a Finnish company called Takomo, he got the 101 blades. Stunning! Cheap! Worth a look.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004

I got to hit them and they look and feel great. The only issue is resale value, will probably take a big hit if they don't work out. Lots of these companies coming on the scene these days. Kinda like the golf ball market. Once Titleist patent on the ProV expired, a lot of new upstarts began offering me-too balls at big discounts.

🔥 Latest posts