• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

unorthodox swing

longshot

I hear voices
Apr 3, 2005
I play with a good friend who has the nicest looking swing. (plays off 9)Mine is not pretty but as i said to him ( it is the club alignment at impact that matters,i am 1/2 his handicap, serious back problems make my swing) look at Lee Travino,s swing and the guy could serious play to which he agrees.He maintains he has never played with anyone who can hit a iron like me (his words not mine)
We were behind a four ball (2 juniors and two adults) the dad tees off, strange looping swing down the middle 230 the son exactly the same just short of dad.Have you played with people with strange swings?

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
You mean strange efficient swing? Some...
Strange unefficient swing? Lots of them.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I mean ones that should not work but they do.

To tell you the truth, there is NO swing that doesn't work. If you see Raymond Floyd or Jim Furyk, time after timer, under heavy pressure, they rely on their swing to get things done.
Having their backswing on plane doesn't necessarily mean you'll hit it good everytime.
So yes, I see strange swing, but I don't say it doesn't work, especially if the results are there to prove it.

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
i've seen some ugly stuff. one guy literally punches every ball from driver to chipping.

he gets it done. it is UGLY. he'll never break 80 but he gets close.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Josh Broadaway uses a crosshanded grip, he's scratch and plays on the Nationwide.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, yes and no. Furyk is case and point.

However, it so much more than just the physical part of the swing.

🔥 Latest posts