• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Unveiled: U.S. Ryder Cup Picks and Uniforms

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

The Friday, Saturday and Sunday uniforms by Ralph Lauren. (Image: PGA of America)​
ON TUESDAY EVENING U.S. RYDER CUP Captain Tom Watson unveiled his three picks: Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan and Webb Simpson.

"There are a lot of great pluses about Keegan," Watson said, "but the most important thing he brings to it is his unbridled passion to play on the Ryder Cup team."

About Mahan, the U.S. skipper commented, "Match play seems to be his forte."

Meanwhile, Simpson is a major champion with Ryder Cup experience. Deutsche Bank Championship winner Chris Kirk and others under consideration were surely disappointed. A case could have been made for a number of players. Watson must have grinded over those picks like they were a four-foot putt.

Also unveiled earlier today were the 2014 U.S. Ryder Cup team uniforms. Ralph Lauren is the official outfitter of the U.S. Ryder Cup team through 2020.

From the PGA of America:
Drawing on the rich history and sophistication of the Ryder Cup, Ralph Lauren presents a patriotic collection of commemorative apparel and official team uniforms to be worn by the U.S. Ryder Cup Team during play and for the Opening Ceremony and Gala Dinner. Embodying the spirit of the U.S. Ryder Cup Team, iconic stars and stripes, graphic color-blocking and a classic palette of red, white and blue define the official on-course looks.​
What do you think?

Source: Unveiled: U.S. Ryder Cup Picks and Uniforms

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I like the ones on the right... The left one looks like team Europe, and I just don't get the middle one. But I do like the one on the right. I vote they should get the john daly American flag pants!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I think all 3 are poor choices, and I think Polo is the wrong vendor to provide the uniforms. They should get someone who does team sports as part of their day to day operations, not a snobby name brand.

🔥 Latest posts