• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Up'n'down round

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Had a strange, but not unwelcome, nine holes this afternoon. My favorite course finally opened up, and is excellent shape compared to others in the area; even mid-season it is one of the best groomed in the area. It felt very good to finally get out there. Picked up my season pass, so I can play as much or as little golf as I want whenever I want; always good for four holes before dark.

I didn't hit ANY shots that I would consider 'good' today, outside of a few putts. Driving was average to poor, ballstriking was average to poor, chipping was decent, putting was good.

I only hit three greens, which is quite low for me. I recall hitting four fairways, but only hit driver three times with one fairway.

Score: +2 37! Finally back to the 30's. :) Been getting closer and closer with each round. Three two-putt bogeys and a nice bird. Parred the rest.

If I can combine a good ballstriking day with these newfound shortgame skills I will be unstoppable!

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
:shocked:

Hey man, just cuz you can't score like that...

lol

edited because it sounded like I was admitting to his accusation after I read it again!

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Oh yeah, I guess I have to thank you for straightening out my shoulders in the putting stance!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
That'll be $50 :)

I'm glad it works for you. Frankly, if you shot a 36 and kicked my ass on the course because I fixed your putting, I'd be happy for you. If we both play our best and you beat me, kudos to you. Even if it's my tip that made the hurdle more passable, you're still the one jumping it.

So, that'll be $50. Cash or credit? :mgw:

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
IOU is my preferred method of payment.

I fix my buddy's swing all the time, and then he beats me. Tell him to slow down the backswing or stand about an inch further from the ball, and he instantly drops 5 shots. Happens about once a month. By the next time, he's started bad habits back up, so he gained those 5 back. I've learned that I can take his money by either not handing out the tips or by asking if he breathes in or out on his downswing/why do you have the club so far across the line at the top (when it's actually on plane), etc.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Strange stuff going on yesterday too. Played 23 holes due to darkness, but shot 80 (40,40). Putting was again pretty good, shortgame was good, not great. Ballstriking sucked. I tried my 425tp/Limey in place of the bridgestone because I hadn't played it on the course yet. It was SOLID! 10 yard draw, carrying about the same as the bstone but more consistent ballflight. Higher, but apprx same total distance. Weird...

Members online

No members online now.