• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

UPSTATE NY WOMEN

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Sandy, where do you live? I'm in West Nyack, NY, about 50 mins north of Newark.

I know it well, especially the Palisades Mall which I seem to visit at least once a week! I'm in Ramsey in Bergen County, about 15 miles away.

I notice on your profile that your local course is Blue Hill. If that's the one around Orangetown and Pearl River then it's the course I first broke 100 on about 18 months ago. A real fun course to play, that one...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
All the cities I've been to have thier bad areas. I personally don't think NY/NJ is as bad as DC or Baltimore. Charlotte and Richmond arent' all that great and neither are Atlanta, Jacksonville or Ft. Lauderdale. You get into the bad areas of the cities and it's the same thing, poverty, drugs, drug addicts. I've never really had any problems but I also know my surroundings. Providence is no prize either. I used to walk from my car to my apt. with a steel pipe in my hand on payday at my old place. I'd literally be flipping it in my hand while walking. My buddy had gotten robbed nearby there in a breezeway while waiting for a friend to answer the door. I just wanted to let it be known that it's going to be whatever they got vs. a 2 1/2 ft. steel pipe if they want my $$. Plus, I'm fairly rehabilitated now but I used to be on the fence... it had crossed my mind a few times to take that pipe the back of the head of one of the kids selling crack on the bicycle and rob them, what are they going to do, call the cops?

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
. Crabby, snotty, scowling a**holes. EVERY one of them in that airport. I hope the rest of the NJ population isn't like that.... :confused:<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Of course they are not ALL like that. The unborn babies for example......

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'm in Ramsey in Bergen County
In high school I used to play all the Bergen and Passaic county courses - I remember Darlington was a course I always seemed to play well at and at Rockleigh I always seemed to have goose crap in my line when putting....

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
I know it well, especially the Palisades Mall which I seem to visit at least once a week! I'm in Ramsey in Bergen County, about 15 miles away.

I notice on your profile that your local course is Blue Hill. If that's the one around Orangetown and Pearl River then it's the course I first broke 100 on about 18 months ago. A real fun course to play, that one...

Pal Mall...ugh...I live right around the corner. That place has gone down hill FAST. You go there on the weekend and its a teen hangout. Most of them are "gangsta" wannabes.

Yep, that is the same course. I played today, my first swing of the year was on the first tee ( never got to the range, too much business travel ). And the result was what you'd except. I took a mighty swing, the ball looked majestic flying through the crystal clear blue sky, settling nicely on the green. Unfortunately that was the result of the guy on the 9th hole....my ball went 4 feet, didn't even make it off the tee box. I rebounded nicely though, shot a 98, 49x2. So I'm pretty happy.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
All the cities I've been to have thier bad areas. I personally don't think NY/NJ is as bad as DC or Baltimore. Charlotte and Richmond arent' all that great and neither are Atlanta, Jacksonville or Ft. Lauderdale. You get into the bad areas of the cities and it's the same thing, poverty, drugs, drug addicts. I've never really had any problems but I also know my surroundings. Providence is no prize either. I used to walk from my car to my apt. with a steel pipe in my hand on payday at my old place. I'd literally be flipping it in my hand while walking. My buddy had gotten robbed nearby there in a breezeway while waiting for a friend to answer the door. I just wanted to let it be known that it's going to be whatever they got vs. a 2 1/2 ft. steel pipe if they want my $$. Plus, I'm fairly rehabilitated now but I used to be on the fence... it had crossed my mind a few times to take that pipe the back of the head of one of the kids selling crack on the bicycle and rob them, what are they going to do, call the cops?

I agree with what you are saying about both Baltimore and DC. Baltimore is heroin 101. The only parts of the city that i feel safe in are Fells Point and the Inner harbor. Fells point is amazing, that is insider info right there, so if anyone is ever in Baltimore go check it out. Inner harbor is wayyyy too touristy.

DC is great for the exception of Southeast. I wont ever step foot in there again. I was doing volunteer work by planting trees over at RFK stadium along the Anacostia, and i must have found 20 bullet shells/casings(im not down with the gun terminology) while i was digging holes for the trees to go in.

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
Fells point is amazing, that is insider info right there,
When I went to an O's game years ago with my buddies we stayed at the Holiday Inn right by the stadium. After seeing what Inner Harbor had to offer, we asked the concierge where were the real bars. He called a cab and told the driver to take us to Fells Point. Wow! We had a blast. That place is awesome. The one place I sort of remember ( pretty well pissed by the end of the night ) was very cool. It was 3 bars in one. You walked in and a guy was playing acoustic guitar in the corner. You walked through a doorway in the back and you were in a huge bar with pool tables and juke box music. Then there was a room off of that one that was a dance club. This was years ago ( prior to 2001 ), so no idea if its still there.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
When I went to an O's game years ago with my buddies we stayed at the Holiday Inn right by the stadium. After seeing what Inner Harbor had to offer, we asked the concierge where were the real bars. He called a cab and told the driver to take us to Fells Point. Wow! We had a blast. That place is awesome. The one place I sort of remember ( pretty well pissed by the end of the night ) was very cool. It was 3 bars in one. You walked in and a guy was playing acoustic guitar in the corner. You walked through a doorway in the back and you were in a huge bar with pool tables and juke box music. Then there was a room off of that one that was a dance club. This was years ago ( prior to 2001 ), so no idea if its still there.
Yup, its easily the best spot around there. They have a multitude of great bars and restaurants. Its a hot spot for sure. Its also along the bay, so after(or before) getting piss drunk you can go for a nice walk.

🔥 Latest posts