• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

US Open pick 'em for the cup.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
This time out I have a pretty nice prize selected in addition to the cheesy coffee cup.

This time the winner will receive a new CG12 wedge from Cleveland Golf. You may pick either a sand, gap or lob wedge.

Global golf may be kicking in something too.

The rules:

Pick 4 golfers to win the US Open (you may pick tiger)
Scoring is as follows;
10 points for first place
9 points for second
8 points for 3rd and so on.
***5 additional points if you pick a non top 30 player who places in the top ten***

The person with the most points, wins.

A note about scoring and any ties....
Scoring is calculated form the leaderboard on PGATOUR.com - The Official Site of the PGA TOUR.
I count ONLY the first 10 positions In other words, if there are 3 people tied for 3rd on PGATOUR.com - The Official Site of the PGA TOUR. They are counted as 3rd, 4th and 5th place.
I hope that is perfectly clear.

In the event of a tie, coffee cups will be awarded to all winners but the wedge will be carried to a tie breaker at the next event (Travelers Championship) between the winners in question.

Further, you may make only one set of picks but you may edit them until Wednesday night. I close the thread Thursday morning.

Good luck.

***all taxes, duties or other fees are the sole responsibility of the winner***

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Phil Mickelson
Zach Johnson
Padraig Harrington
Aaron Baddeley

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
TW 8
Luke Donald
Goose
Stenson

*I am editing out PM - will I regret this???*

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
This time out I have a pretty nice prize selected in addition to the cheesy coffee cup.

This time the winner will receive a new CG12 wedge from Cleveland Golf. You may pick either a sand, gap or lob wedge.

Global golf may be kicking in something too.

The rules:

Pick 4 golfers to win the US Open (you may pick tiger)
Scoring is as follows;
10 points for first place
9 points for second
8 points for 3rd and so on.

The person with the most points, wins.

A note about scoring and any ties....
Scoring is calculated form the leaderboard on PGATOUR.com - The Official Site of the PGA TOUR.
I count ONLY the first 10 positions In other words, if there are 3 people tied for 3rd on PGATOUR.com - The Official Site of the PGA TOUR. They are counted as 3rd, 4th and 5th place.
I hope that is perfectly clear.

In the event of a tie, coffee cups will be awarded to all winners but the wedge will be carried to a tie breaker at the next event (Travelers Championship) between the winners in question.

Further, you may make only one set of picks but you may edit them until Wednesday night. I close the thread Thursday morning.

Good luck.

***all taxes, duties or other fees are the sole responsibility of the winner***

Excellent job on making the rules unambiguous. My picks to follow tomorrow....(I wish I had Phil's home phone number, so I could ask him about the wrist).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Tiger Woods 8
Rory Sabbatini
Aaron Baddeley
Jose Maria Olazabel (you didn't think I'd really pick Sergio...)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006

Yea but Sling, these kinda things, its the cheezy prize that makes it all worth while!!!:)

Picks-->

Tiger Woods, Jim Furyk, Retief Goosen, Rory Sabbatini 17

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Jim Furyk 17
TW

Trevor Immelman
Henrik Stenson

Did you see Immelman aced the 288 yard par 3 today?!?!?!

🔥 Latest posts