• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

US Women's Open/Barclay's Classic

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Yesterday afternoon started out great...I played in the morning, had a nice lunch with wife and older daughter while a babysitter was taking care of the youngest.

After lunch, I came back and settled in to watch both of these tournaments. Set my remote control to "toggle" back and forth...

The women's tournament had real drama...two teenage amateurs in hot pursuit of the title. And The Barclay's looked interesting too as Furyk bogied while Harrington seemed be coming on...

Then - the babysitter came back. I lost track of the men's and watched snippets of the women's because that was the channel it was on at the time.

The South Korean holed a dramatic bunker shot for birdie on the last to win it. It was really cool.

I find out later that Paddy Harrington drained a 65 footer to win the Barclays!

Crap...if the babysitter had only come back about 45 minutes later.

In any event, a great day for TV tournament golf.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I only watched about 20 minutes of each. Yard work weekend for me.

Saw the hilights tho, Wie sure fell apart. It's good to see those young girls (a bunch of them too) making the sport more entertaining. As much as I love Annika, i think competition is important.

I think that's why there is so much annimosity towards Tiger. He came in, dominated and killed the competition, making the game almost boring to watch at times. But now, with guys like Phil, Ernie, Vijay, Goosen, ect, the game is entertaining as ever.

Nice work by Padraig as well. Good show.

R35

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
had to work in the morning.got to the course at 1:30,home at 3:30 and was lucky enough to see both spectacular finishes.

probably the only time ive seen two great finishes on the same day.it was amazing.

longiron

May 2, 2005
I could not belive that shot from Kim. Somewhat lucky sounded and looked a bit fat. And Harringtons putt WOW, had like 2-3 breaks.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.