• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

USA Today: Jack and Tiger Don't Talk Much

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
a2.bp.blogspot.com__hJDW3ziaaNg_UWcJ5NxeK7I_AAAAAAAAF9I_XZaOhKjxLIY_s200_masters_logo.jpg

THE MASTERS IS UNDERWAY. ARNOLD PALMER, Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player hit the ceremonial tee shots early this morning. Nicklaus spoke about Tiger Woods afterward.

This from USA Today:
"I never really had a conversation with Tiger that lasted more than a minute or two — ever," Nicklaus said Thursday morning after hitting the ceremonial tee shot. "He stayed away from me from a conversation standpoint. Never had a conversation on the Masters in general. I've said, 'Hello, how are you doing? Nice playing this year. You've played very well.' End of conversation. People ask me, 'Has Tiger ever talk to you about his record?' Never one word."​
It hasn't bothered Jack, though.

"He's got his own focus and what he does, and I respect that," Nicklaus added. "I respect when somebody is involved in their deal. They concentrate on what they do and not what you did. That's OK. It's not my position to go talk to him about it. I respect that. I wouldn't intrude on that."

The Golden Bear has counseled other players on Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters, including Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald and Nicolas Colsaerts.

Woods is currently 2 under through 14 holes. Marc Leishman is the clubhouse leader after a 6-under 66.

afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_ArmchairGolfBlog_90875f527880786621fd034e7fa2f873._.gif

Source: USA Today: Jack and Tiger Don't Talk Much

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
This is probably due to the oatmeal crapping incident.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hmm ... newspapers making much ado about nothing.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.