• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Used ball question

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
What am I looking for when I purchase used balls? Obviously cracks, but what else? I found a guy very local that will sell me pro-v1 for $15.00 per dz.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Look for cuts and big scrapes. Also make sure they aren't re-finished. Meaning someone took an old ball, cleaned it, painted it and stamped new logos. If these ProV1's look new and he's selling them for $15 a dz, red flags would be raised for me.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Also look for paint peeled and the orangish brown showing through. Usually that means the ball was sitting in the water for a while. Just ask him too, where he gets them for the most part. If it's in the woods of a local course, I'd be all over them. So long as there are not big scuffs. I bought a bunch last yr. for $1 each from the local ballhawk.

joshtpa

Jul 7, 2008
There is a local shop here that specializes in used balls. They buy them from all of the private clubs around. For years I wouldnt go near them. Now I can pick up my ProV1s for $19.99 and NXTs for $14.99 and they are all in good shape. Have not had a problem with them yet.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah I agree with the replies. Never get referbished golf balls. I have a dozen "referbished" Pro V1's and they are hard as a Top Flite distance.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.