• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Used Driver Advice- Under $100

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Honestly, interpreting what I can out of you, I'd say Launcher is probably the way to go, or XL.

Titleist's are notoriously on the, harder to hit, spectrum of drivers. If you're getting it out there 200-220, I'm guessing that you're going to be wanting fairways above all else, not bomb and gouge. If that's the truth, the Launcher is a long driver, but forgiving, and the XL is quite forgiving, without giving up much.

OP
RC52

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
Honestly, interpreting what I can out of you, I'd say Launcher is probably the way to go, or XL.

Titleist's are notoriously on the, harder to hit, spectrum of drivers. If you're getting it out there 200-220, I'm guessing that you're going to be wanting fairways above all else, not bomb and gouge. If that's the truth, the Launcher is a long driver, but forgiving, and the XL is quite forgiving, without giving up much.

Thanks for your advice

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
FWIW, the 983K is a classic. Super driver!!! Solid and long. I carried a K w/Titty Speeder in 10.5 for a long, long time. In fact, wish I had never sold it!!!

You can find the K's pretty cheap. I enjoyed the Titty Speeder. Others preferred the YS6 that was common in the K's. My first K had the YS6 and I couldn't keep it in the fairway. The Titty Speeder was as predictable as could be.

Your mileage may vary......

OP
RC52

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
FWIW, the 983K is a classic. Super driver!!! Solid and long. I carried a K w/Titty Speeder in 10.5 for a long, long time. In fact, wish I had never sold it!!!

You can find the K's pretty cheap. I enjoyed the Titty Speeder. Others preferred the YS6 that was common in the K's. My first K had the YS6 and I couldn't keep it in the fairway. The Titty Speeder was as predictable as could be.

Your mileage may vary......

cool thanks for the info, i'm certainly leaning towards a 983k. I really like my 904f 4 wood, and its a bit on the small size compared to other woods. How tip stiff is the speeder in a 983K?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The Titty Speeder is nothing like the 757. If it were extremely stiff, this ol' man couldn't handle it!!! LOL I just like the feel of the Fuji's. Don't seem nearly as "boardy" as the ProForce/ProLaunch to me.

Snow

Sep 15, 2008
There are so many quality used TM Drivers all over the net.

The way the pump out drivers every year you can pick up numerous older models for under 100$

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
There are so many quality used TM Drivers all over the net.

The way the pump out drivers every year you can pick up numerous older models for under 100$

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You can find a R510 TP or and R5 TP pretty cheap now and both are great heads.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Damn I've been wanting to try any of the FS driver. Played the DCT/Creation combo pretty good yesterday though.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.