• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

USGA and R&A End Viewer Call-Ins

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
THE USGA AND The R&A have officially put the kibosh on viewer call-ins beginning on January 1. And not a moment too soon, according to almost everybody.

Following is a portion of yesterday's joint news release that outlines new "video review protocols."
FAR HILLS, N.J. USA and ST ANDREWS, SCOTLAND - A working group led by the USGA and The R&A has unanimously agreed to adopt a new set of protocols for video review when applying the Rules of Golf.
The group, consisting of the PGA TOUR, LPGA, PGA European Tour, Ladies European Tour and The PGA of America, as well as the governing bodies, will implement the following measures from January 1, 2018:
  • Assign one or more officials to monitor the video broadcast of a competition to help identify and resolve Rules issues as they arise
  • Discontinue any steps to facilitate or consider viewer call-ins as part of the Rules decision process
In addition, the USGA and The R&A have approved the adoption of a Local Rule, available from January 1, to eliminate the additional two-stroke penalty for failing to include a penalty on the score card when the player was unaware of the penalty. All of the organizations represented on the working group will introduce the Local Rule for 2018, and this score card penalty will be permanently removed when the modernized Rules of Golf take effect on January 1, 2019.​
Tour players like Lexi Thompson enthusiastically welcomed these changes.

"I am thankful that no one else will have to deal with an outcome such as mine in the future," she said on Instagram.

Source: USGA and R&A End Viewer Call-Ins

🔥 Latest posts

Members online