• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

USGA CEO Mike Davis Announces Departure in 2021

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images
By USGA

LIBERTY CORNER, N.J. – The USGA announced that CEO Mike Davis will leave the organization by the end of 2021 to pursue a life-long passion for golf course design and construction.

In the next step of his professional journey, Davis will team with accomplished golf course designer Tom Fazio II in a new business venture, where together they have formed Fazio & Davis Golf Design.

Davis, who joined the USGA in 1990, became the Association's seventh executive director in 2011 and its first Chief Executive Officer in 2016. In the CEO role, Davis is responsible for managing all aspects of the association's day-to-day operations, including its core functions, essential programs and human and financial resources. He serves as a member of several golf-related boards, including the International Golf Federation, World Golf Foundation, World Golf Hall of Fame and Official World Golf Rankings.

"Leading the USGA has been such an honor, and I'm grateful for the many wonderful years I have had with this great organization," said Davis. "While I am excited for my next chapter, my work here is not done, and I look forward to furthering our mission to better the game over the next 15 months."

Until his departure, Davis will continue to focus on leading the organization through the impacts of COVID-19, advancing the USGA's commitment to create Golf House Pinehurst; driving USGA strategy (including, importantly, the outcomes of the Distance Insights project); and on-boarding and supporting his successor to ensure a smooth transition for the next CEO.

The USGA Executive Committee will soon initiate a search for the next CEO, with the goal of having a candidate in place prior to the 2021 U.S. Open in June. Davis will support the onboarding of the new CEO over the subsequent months with the intent of formally departing the organization by the end of 2021.

Source: USGA CEO Mike Davis Announces Departure in 2021

🔥 Latest posts