• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

USPS?!?!?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I thought USPS was the best. I really did. :(

Priority shipment sent to me a week and a half ago. Returned to the seller, wrong zip code. He sent the item again on Tuesday. No tracking, but it is insured thankfully. Still hasn't shown up. Priority should take 3 days max, in my experience.

How long would you wait before filing an insurance claim with USPS?

I bet sssmokin or some of his buddies have it. Could a USPS employee have inferred that whatever was inside was expensive and snagged it? :(

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It'll show.

It's not their fault buddy wrote the wrong ZIP code. What should they do, guess? :D

Sometimes, things get jammed up. But I've yet to have an issue with USPS. Best bang for the buck.

R35

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
It'll show.

It's not their fault buddy wrote the wrong ZIP code. What should they do, guess? :D

Sometimes, things get jammed up. But I've yet to have an issue with USPS. Best bang for the buck.

R35

Not the second time 'round. USPS should know me by now, I've had enough crap sent to me. ;)

And don't worry, T. This one was a straight up trade, I still don't have any $$$. :D Funny thing is, the stuff I sent showed up in three days. :unhappy:

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Well shit does happen... but in my personal experience USPS beats the hell out of UPS and FedEx.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Aye; they're still the best bet, by far.

But if your asshat chum was stupid enough to write the wrong zip the first time, who knows what he did now...

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Hey chum, you might be seriously insulting somebody from this site.

I in no way agree with SUX's statement. :)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
MIKE1218 posted: I bet sssmokin or some of his buddies have it. Could a USPS employee have inferred that whatever was inside was expensive and snagged it? :(

Oh was that yours????? Couldn't have been me.............I retired in May. As long as it doesn't go through Milwaukee PO, it should get there okay. Like R35 said, they can't guess if the zip is wrong. And if he screwed it up once, he could screw it up again. Can't file an insurance claim until 30 days are up.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
usps is ok, but should add a story here.

went with my son to the p.o. as he had to send his GF the ipod she left here when visiting. clerk helped us get one of those priority mail boxes and helped stuff a few envelopes(sp?) in for padding. was pink ipod.

a few days later she opens the box and a only a blue ipod case is it. no padding, no ipod. and he didnt send a blue case.

will admit that the usps made good on the insurance tho.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
hey people don't kill me for writing the wrong zip. Dame i got it all straight today. why do small town people do stuck so ass backwards.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Okay, I think we have it figured out. Wrong zip the first time, so he had to send it again. The post office never sent it again, saying, "Oh, we didn't know you changed the zip, we were waiting for you." He watched it drive away on the truck today though; third time's the charm.

Damn shipping companies. I'm hand delivering all my packages from now on, so don't freak out when I charge $400 for shipping.

🔥 Latest posts