• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

UST ProLaunch 65 Shaft

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Just bought one of these off GS since they were only $29. Is this similar to the V2 or different characteristics? Furyk plays this (maybe something similar) in his driver for five years because he knows what to expect. I'll stick it in something but need to know if it loads hard or easy etc. I already know it is mid-launch and the torque values etc.

:confused:

SHOULD BE UST "PROFORCE" IN TITLE

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Just bought one of these off GS since they were only $29. Is this similar to the V2 or different characteristics? Furyk plays this (maybe something similar) in his driver for five years because he knows what to expect. I'll stick it in something but need to know if it loads hard or easy etc. I already know it is mid-launch and the torque values etc.

:confused:

I had the 65 in a cleveland 330 and a 75 in a cleveland 3wood. I really liked it as a fw shaft and have not tried a better shaft for fw woods. As for a driver i didnt like it as much as i would have thought, i think i needed a 75 though. I like heavy shafts. I dont think that it loads to hard, but this is coming from someone that plays a graf blue in my driver. For the price you cannot beat the shaft. its a good shaft at a great price....

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
:confused: I just realized I titled this thread ProLaunch instead of ProForce!!! Duh!!!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, if you haven't noticed my signature I had this put in my Tour Edge Exotics and saved the Accuflex Evolution Lite in case I hated it.

I was all wrong about my swing. I DO load the shaft harder then I thought and was buying "easy loading" shafts all summer.

This is a stiffer tip then the ProForce V2 from everything I've read and also mid-launch vs. mid-high launch for the stiff V2 65.

Anyway, I spent some time at the range tonight after work and was hitting into a 5-8 mph wind.

I still have to put the proper swing on it but when I don't this is much more forgiving. My bad swing is usually an "overswing" and on the other shaft/driver combos I'd get a big balloon with a slice on the end. This one gives me a nice boring trajectory with a 10-15 yard fade/slice on the end. And still out there 240-250.

When I hit it right it's as good as the Evo Lite and I can do it much more frequently. I hit 4 or 5 straight that easily carried 260-270 into the wind. I'm loving this feeling. I now realize what R35 means when he says a shaft has a "boardy" feel to it. I kind of like it!! I still have to hit a driver with a YS-6+ shaft in it sometime but I think right now the V2 (in a new driver) might be the way to go for me.

I have to apologize to Jody of Accuflex who worked so hard to get me the Evo Lite. I thought I loaded the shaft lightly but apparently I don't. A original Evolution probably would have given me this same result. If they ever get on the list of available shafts in new OEM clubs I'll be choosing them for sure.

Man, I love this stuff!!! :)

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
I had the 75 in my R540 driver, and all i can say is what a beast!! Heavy, and stiff as a board!! I think mine was a 46" as well, so i'm amazed i ever hit a decent shot with it

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Ohhh, ProForce, I was confused for a second there. :D

I hit a couple balls with a G5 that had this shaft in it, liked the flex of it.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
ProForce, ProLaunch whatever the one is that UST makes!!! Chris DeMarco uses a 9º Ping G5 with the UST ProForce V2, X-flex in it and Jim Furyk uses a Srixon W-506 10.5º with UST Proforce 65 Gold shaft, X-flex:)

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
wbl, i think that we have the same problem.

i have,

nike slingshots
calloway x-14s
ping ugly somethings
henry hatton dtg-4s
mizuno mp-30's
hogan apex blades

plus,

numerous drivers, woods, wedges, putters, and everyf***ing thing else three times over,

and i'm not done yet. i will prove that the one who said you cannot buy a game to be an idiot or without funds.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Sid, I like your style!!:D I don't think we're trying to "buy" a better game. We're trying to give ourselves the best tools that we can to help us play this game to the best of our current ability. And after 40 years hacking away I ain't that bad! I've never had the time or money to really play this enough to get really good. But if I can shoot in the low 40's for 9 holes pretty consistently (with a few "dazzling" shots thrown in) and buying a driver or putter that for "whatever reason" drops me a stroke or two I'm gonna do it! My swing has been "honed" by years and years of mistakes so I really know what happens when I do something wrong (most of the time). A "tune up" a couple times a year at the pro keeps me sharp too.

Nothing makes me happier though as "trying out" a new driver, shaft, putter or (soon) Hybrid to see how it works. Just makes it all new again.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Nothing makes me happier though as "trying out" a new driver, shaft, putter or (soon) Hybrid to see how it works. Just makes it all new again.

Got to agree with you there, I love new clubs, even if they aren't mine. Just fun to hit.

🔥 Latest posts