• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

UST shaft of some sort...

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I was in my local clubs pro shop and was looking at the ex demo irons. I picked up a Nickent iron with a reg flex UST graphite shaft of some sort. It was £5 for the iron, so I thought about buying it and pulling the shaft to put in my Baffler Utility. It might make it a little short length, but at the moment i've got a stiff flex, and it's terrible condition thanks to my mate. So basically, would it work if I pulled a graphite iron shaft and put it in a utility? I'm thinking it might make it shorter, but it's 85g as opposed to 65g which I think is in my Baffler at the moment. I need some advice from you resident shaft ho's...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Graphite shafts in irons are 1/2" longer then steel to keep the swingweight the same so if you put steel in you would WANT to make it that much shorter....

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
WBL, by swingweight do you mean the actual weight of the club?

I wouldn't be too crazy to suggest a bit heavier club, hybrids are partially for accuracy which is what steel is best at.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The clubhead swingweight I believe. It was in Wishon's book that they had to make the graphite shafts longer to keep the same swingweight so they didn't have to have different iron heads. Not sure what all that means but that's what he said.

🔥 Latest posts