• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

V grooves & 2010 (part 2)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The farce is becoming even more farcical.

Comments by Euro Tour player Oliver Wilson on Twitter.

"This is the difference between my old wedges & new"​

ai392.photobucket.com_albums_pp2_thetruereview01_OliverWilsonwedges.png

"Old has 15 modified U grooves & new 22 V grooves, 7 more added to counteract losing spin

"It's all very complicated, why can't we just restrict the ball, it would be so much easier. Thanks R & A."

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
If that works, then what would al the fuzz be about?

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Once again Wishon is WAY ahead of the industry.

He debuted the CX Micro's, what, 2 years ago? 3?

The CX Micro's have been passed as conforming to the new rule by the USGA, and yet, Wishon has proven on his Trackman that they have more spin than a U-Groove Spin-Milled Titleist.

Golf innovation has one name, Wishon. :)

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Once again Wishon is WAY ahead of the industry.

He debuted the CX Micro's, what, 2 years ago? 3?

The CX Micro's have been passed as conforming to the new rule by the USGA, and yet, Wishon has proven on his Trackman that they have more spin than a U-Groove Spin-Milled Titleist.

Golf innovation has one name, Wishon. :)

Where do we get these CX Micro's? How much are they and do they come in left handed?

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
You "need" to order them through a clubfitter that carries Wishon stuff.

Here is a look at them:

Tom Wishon Golf Technology

Also, Wishon will be releasing the 2010 catalog anytime now. So it'll be interesting to find out if he has any new designs along these lines.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Anyone catch some of the SBS Championship? I have the flu and was home watching it.

The guys still got some great spin out of the rough.. You could tell some didn't get the suck back effect each time, but they held the greens mostly. Some of them ran the green when they came in low, but other than that...

I couldn't tell a difference.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Anyone catch some of the SBS Championship? I have the flu and was home watching it.

The guys still got some great spin out of the rough.. You could tell some didn't get the suck back effect each time, but they held the greens mostly. Some of them ran the green when they came in low, but other than that...

I couldn't tell a difference.

Nick Faldo made a comment that on a perfect course such as the one the SBS is played on, you won't see much difference. But he also said, wait til the rough comes(US Open).

🔥 Latest posts