• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Value golf clubs?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I visited value golf clubs website and have a question for ya'll....
what do you think of the the product they have there? I saw some stuff there that i've seen in peoples sigs here and also saw some clone stuff too. Personally I liked the SMT muscle back blades I saw there and the Dynacraft Prophet forged (compare to. They have some Bang, Snake Eyes, and Geek there too. What's the deal fellas?

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
I think the owner name is Aaron, but anyways he is a good guy and has reasonable prices. I wouldn't hesitate it order anything from him.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Acers, for what I have heard in this forum, seem to be wonderful irons for the prices....

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Those two irons I mentioned look sweeeeet. Plus you can totally customize. If I had a choice of any iron right now i'd get the Wilson Staff Fg59's (even though they're beyond me) and they'd be the last irons i'd ever have. They've got to be the sweetest irons ever. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money. Really I don't have any money for golf stuff, but i'm just looking at what one can get for their buck and I don't see where I can go wrong when I could get a brand new set of forged irons totally fitted and spine aligned for $350.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Not sure if your down with "gunmetal" look but these are coming out in November from what aaron and jeff summit said. I'm not even in the market for irons, but these things are sweet.

http://www.valuegolfclubs.com/productimages/prophetpeek.jpg
http://www.valuegolfclubs.com/productimages/prophetpeek2.jpg

I saw these in the other thread.... that's what lead me to the site. They do look sweet. I couldn't find these on the site though. You must be a member of the newsletter. They send you these pics?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nut,

Have you e-mailed Aaron? He's pretty resourceful when it comes to needing info. He will be able to tell what the scoop is.

If you need his contact, send me a PM.

R35

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
I saw these in the other thread.... that's what lead me to the site. They do look sweet. I couldn't find these on the site though. You must be a member of the newsletter. They send you these pics?

No, it was posted on another golf forum. They won't be released until late November per Jeff Summit who runs Hireko which owns Dynacraft.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Those are pretty sharp looking.... Might build me something like those SMT's for a bag to keep in the office for those slow days at work.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Aaron is a good guy. I have ordered stuff from him before. Their pinhawk iron shafts are money!

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Aaron is a good guy. I have ordered stuff from him before. Their pinhawk iron shafts are money!

I was wondering about those. They're the stock shaft and they tout them, but I am always suspect. These guys are starting to look very legit though... not a one bad word about them.

So getting back to one of my original questions... how do you guys feel about the irons that they ask to be compared to an OEM Iron? For instance, they have a set of Acer sticks that look pretty nice and it says compare to Callaway x20. They say that all the products stand alone, but some acers sure do look like TM's or Callaways. Cheap clone or quality iron for less money?

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
"... how do you guys feel about the irons that they ask to be compared to an OEM Iron? For instance, they have a set of Acer sticks that look pretty nice and it says compare to Callaway x20. They say that all the products stand alone, but some acers sure do look like TM's or Callaways. Cheap clone or quality iron for less money?

It's impossible to provide an answer that covers every model made...in other words some of the clones are comparable to the originals...and some are far inferior.

Likewise, it doesn't matter if the quality is or isn't comparable to the original...if it doesn't fit your swing, it doesn't matter.

Also...what does one base quality on? Is it adherence to stated specs? Sometimes (often) OEMS are far off stated spec....and I've seen clones as good (or bad as the case may be).

My personal opinion is we do not sell clones simply because in my heart and mind I cannot support a company who chose to make money of other companies work.

The whole thing reminds me of school days and copying someones homework in it's entirety, and getting full credit for it.

Doesn't fly.

As far as Aaron and Value golf go, Aaron is a great guy...he's as honest as the day is long....You can buy from him with confidence.

buykrux

May 15, 2009
those smt irons are very nice, i had some in my hand 2 weeks ago, great looking head
sometimes you can find them on freegolfinfo.com cheap, like under 100$ for a set with shafts

🔥 Latest posts