• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Value golf clubs?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I was wondering about those. They're the stock shaft and they tout them, but I am always suspect. These guys are starting to look very legit though... not a one bad word about them.

So getting back to one of my original questions... how do you guys feel about the irons that they ask to be compared to an OEM Iron? For instance, they have a set of Acer sticks that look pretty nice and it says compare to Callaway x20. They say that all the products stand alone, but some acers sure do look like TM's or Callaways. Cheap clone or quality iron for less money?

IIRC The Pinhawk is the same as the old FST Pro White. Great shaft. I have found that they do play firm. I went with regular flex and have no regrets.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I was wondering about those. They're the stock shaft and they tout them, but I am always suspect. These guys are starting to look very legit though... not a one bad word about them.

So getting back to one of my original questions... how do you guys feel about the irons that they ask to be compared to an OEM Iron? For instance, they have a set of Acer sticks that look pretty nice and it says compare to Callaway x20. They say that all the products stand alone, but some acers sure do look like TM's or Callaways. Cheap clone or quality iron for less money?

You can search here for opinions on that Acer XP905 (the one that says "compare to X-20".) I have a set of the XP905Pro, as do Zaphod, MGP, and Lyle. I believe we've all posted about them at some point.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You can search here for opinions on that Acer XP905 (the one that says "compare to X-20".) I have a set of the XP905Pro, as do Zaphod, MGP, and Lyle. I believe we've all posted about them at some point.

Ya happen to remember the name of the thread? Or you could just post about it again.... wouldn't be the first thing that's been talked about more than once here. I can see if you gave me a thread title or some clue as to where it may be, but i'm too A.D.D. to look for that long to find a couple of posts.:D

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I've still got them in the bag. I played my Golfsmith P2 irons for a few rounds when I was going through an iron hitting funk, mid-season... but the XP905 Pros went back in the bag shortly after and have been there since.

I'm really happy with my bag now. I played in a scramble a couple weeks ago with YG and only hit one crap shot all day. For me that was a great day!

I'm seriously thinking of getting another set of these heads and putting them on the shelf as replacements down the road for this set.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.