• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Varsity Try Out

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
well to put that in perspective, im 6th on my team, and im in the 70's consistently...

good job though!! congrats on 3rd on the team!!

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Yea our team really isnt that good at all but I dont play highschool golf to win, if I did I would switch highschools, I play it to have fun, play free golf, and meet new people.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Yea our team really isnt that good at all but I dont play highschool golf to win, if I did I would switch highschools, I play it to have fun, play free golf, and meet new people.

no thats alright...

our top of the team is amazing.. but really after me, everybody is there for the ride, shooting in the 100's...

sad story but a guy on our team shot a 66, for 9 HOLES!! it was in a tournament for our bottom six players...

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
in our tryout we had a kid shoot 74 for nine holes, i couldnt believe he came back for the second day.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
We had someone in tryouts shoot 71 and someone else shot 69 and they still thought they werent going to get cut.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Well I disgraced your position, yesterday I shot a 44, not bad but that was on a decent course today the course was so bad, not the entire course just the greens I dont think they were mowed and were bumpy as hell I left every put about a foot short. Shot a 49 but so did just about everyone else on our team. I'll be playing friday in an 18 hole match were we play 9 as a scramble and 9 as bestball with a partner. Im looking forward to that because it sounds like fun and I havent played a best ball in forever.

benk

Ben
Dec 4, 2006
Haven't had a 212, but a kid on our team [ somehow our coach let him on, and we are one of the top teams in the state ] shoots above 70 just about every time. Played with him once and he shot 83 [ this is in 9 holes ]. I actually consider it amazing, I mean the guy actually tries and still plays that bad.

Apr 16, 2007
Jesus, I wish my club team at junior level had been this relaxed! I was 2nd reserve pick after shooting 82 on tryouts from medal boxes!

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Had a match yesterday, 18 holes at our home course and there were 13 other teams there. I shot an 89, 43 front, 46 back. My legs are killing me right now I played Monday, Tuesday, 18 on Wednesday, Thursday, 18 on Saturday, and now Today.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
LOL good point, I actually dont have a 3 or 4 iron yet. or even a hybrid so I have a giant gap from 200 out that I dont know what to hit so I just hit a choked 5 wood.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Really? Are your schools not good or what? Our 1 shot a 80 which really isnt good for being a 1.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.