• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Veeg at the Wachovia

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This guy is a machine. He has lasy luck on his side, and he's an unbeleivable competitor.

Vijay is slowing becoming my favorite player. Ernie is still there, with Freddy, but Veeg is just oustanding to watch.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
He's extremely talented and works very hard, which is very commendable, but I think the only way I'd root for him would be if he were playing against Dubya, Joanie Laurer (Chyna of WWE fame), or Phil Mickelson.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Vijay rocks. The only way to stop that mofo is with a rifle... he's easily the best player in the game now... none of this fab four BS.

Phil - too wild... how many balls did he plunk in the water on 17 this week? For a left hander he hits an awful lot of balls left. Bones to Phil - "Maybe we should try playing a fade here???"

Tiger - no question he's got the game, but he's been too inconsistant, plus he suffers from wonky putteritis. He needs some antibiotics like when "some guy I once knew" had the clap... good stuff, that'll clear him right up.

Ernie - I'm sorry but the Zwahili Pro-Am or the Bangkok Open don't count for shit, dude must really be into the Oriental Cuisine??? Come to the US and play the real tour.

longiron

May 2, 2005
VtDivot said:
Vijay rocks. The only way to stop that mofo is with a rifle... he's easily the best player in the game now... none of this fab four BS.

Tiger - no question he's got the game, but he's been too inconsistant, plus he suffers from wonky putteritis. He needs some antibiotics like when "some guy I once knew" had the clap... good stuff, that'll clear him right up.
How many 6ft putts does VJ have to miss before you sya the same thing about him.He should not be the best player in the world by missing putts as often as he does.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Good point. But, he's making enough 6 footers to win 9 times a year, there's something to be said about that.

R35

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Vijay is slowing becoming my favorite player.

Ah, sure. Hop on the bandwagon. ;)

Veej is clutch, but I can't help but think of that missed three footer a few weeks ago that gave Harrington the tourney.

I'd still take Tiger over Vijay.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
See, I always liked Veej. But I'm likeing him less as time goes on. After seeing him call an official over to rat on Mickelson's "supposed" illegal spikes, which weren't illegal. Prickish. After hearing him complain about having to play in the wind. Wahhhh. No denying his madd skillz, but I'm slowly growing to despise this dude.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
longiron said:
How many 6ft putts does VJ have to miss before you sya the same thing about him.He should not be the best player in the world by missing putts as often as he does.

You hit it on the head with this one LI...

Singh - without any doubt - is the best ballstriker on the tour. And just as confidently, we can say that putting is clearly his weakness...Tiger is a better putter than Veeg...

Veeg is looking more and more like Hogan. Phenomenal at getting it close to the hole and just hating that the game of golf includes 50% of the shots with the little flatstick.

If he could make meaningful improvements in his putting - he would smoke everybody - including Tiger when he is at his best...

Based on what I see so far this year, I see Veeg being Player of the Year again.

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Vijay didn't win the tournament...Sergio lost it! It was the single worst final round letdown in PGA Tour history, well tied with Greg Normans 1996 Masters shamble. I don't mind Vijay, he is an excellent golfer but his personality is just non-existent.

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Bravo said:
he would smoke everybody - including Tiger when he is at his best..

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. NOBODY!! can beat Tiger Woods when he is playing his best...do you remember him winning four straight majors and absolutley blowing everyone out in the US Open.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Rosmo said:
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. NOBODY!! can beat Tiger Woods when he is playing his best...do you remember him winning four straight majors and absolutley blowing everyone out in the US Open.

I think Singh is a much better player now than he was when Woods was so dominant..he has elevated his game tremendously since that time.

Once again, (IMHO) if Singh could have a 20% improvement in putting (and that is a Big improvement) - I think he would give Tiger all he wanted if Tiger was playing at his very best.

The big issue that faces Singh now is his age. He is going to lose steam within the next 2-3 seasons. So if anything, Tiger will lose a huge competitor to a factor that Veeg cannot control.

The march of time....

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
I agree with you 100% that if Vijay gets his putting down he will be almost unbeatable even by Tiger Woods, EXCEPT for when Tiger Woods is at his best, he will beat Vijay, not because he's better but when he is playing at that level, his will to win is unmatched!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Rosmo said:
I agree with you 100% that if Vijay gets his putting down he will be almost unbeatable even by Tiger Woods, EXCEPT for when Tiger Woods is at his best, he will beat Vijay, not because he's better but when he is playing at that level, his will to win is unmatched!
Tiger's will to win never changes. His will is just as strong at +3 as it is at -12. Tiger's best right now is not the same as Tiger's best 4 years ago, or 7 or whatever. Just as Vijay is a better golfer now than he was 5 years ago, Tiger is not as good as he was 5 years ago. The finishes, wayward shots, stats and everything else show this handily.

So, what we have is a field that have raised their level of play, a Tiger whose level has dropped (for whatever reason), and what we have is a never-again-so-dominant-Tiger. So, I agree with Bravo; in a very real way, Vijay at his best right now will beat Tiger at his best right now. Tiger can live on in the memories of his fans as the best ever, and probably rightfully so. But today's Tiger is NOT the best ever.

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
So, I agree with Bravo; in a very real way, Vijay at his best right now will beat Tiger at his best right now.

Tiger at his best right now is 7 straight birdies in the third round of the Masters. When he plays at that level, he can easily blow the entire field out of the water. Unfortunately, he has consistency issues with the driver that bring the rest a little closer.

If Tiger's ever able to reel in the driver, Vijay's best (which is usually 1 or 2 strokes better than the field each tourney) is no match for Tiger's best. Vijay is much more consistent than Tiger. Yet if we're comparing best vs. best, Tiger is still the best player in the world.

I truly believe Tiger will dominate again...the same as he did before.

Members online

No members online now.