• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Very Strange

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Good shooting there WBL... but

Hole 9 (407 yard par 4) river accross making a good second shot necessary. Hit my driver only 220 but straight (into a 20 mph wind). Left myself a risky shot over the water. Hit the 3-wood over the water but barely. Wedge on the green. Two putt for (gulp) another par?

I am thinking that there is a typo here as this would be 5 shots on a par 4, meaning Bogey not par.

But even still that is a great round

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I too am counting 37 shots. WBL must be "misremembering" something.

Great job, either way.

5iron

WarbirdLover GREAT JOB MAN ! Congratulations on the stellar score, and the two straight birds followed by the bogey. I hope you have the best golfing year of your life this year man!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Just looked at the scorecard. I had a par on the 9th. Got that right. Had a one putt on the 9th not 2 putts. Duh. I was trying to do it from memory. And memory isn't too great these days.... :dead:

Just hope I don't have to wait 2 more years for the next good round like last time. Don't think so though. Really think I have my swing thoughts and confidence going right (along with clubs that really fit me and seem easy to hit well). We'll see.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Word up Bird! Nice shooting dude. If you are patient those days come, now you just got to make sure it comes round again some time soon.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Great score WBL well played. Get a L4V and you'll hit as many fairways but just nearer the green :)

I had a couple of days like that myself when i 1st got back inot Golf a few years back. I'd started playing every weekend with mates Sat & Sunday mornings. I'd been playing regulary too between 7-9. the Saturday I just couldn't do anything right and played to 18 thought the bubble had burst. The sunday morning shot the round of my life - 71 Gross - level Par - With an eagle 2 on the 18th a 285 yard par 4. I went balistic when that putt dropped :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.