• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Victor Echo 5, Echo Echo....Come in, Bravo!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Geeze, no word from Bravo. I hope he and his family made out alright.

Here's pulling for you Bravo.

R35

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Geeze, no word from Bravo. I hope he and his family made out alright.

Here's pulling for you Bravo.

R35

Yeah, I heard Ivan wasn't as bad as expected, but still bad enough to tear sh-- up.

I hope he's not in Barney.................................Rubble. (Ocean's 11 take).

Shout us out, dude.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've never been in a hurricane. I think it would be cool. I survived a tornado a few years back, it was awesome. Loud as a mofo.

Maybe Bravo can send me something from IVAN. I'm gonna start a hurricane collection. Just crap from various hurricanes that might have blown into people's yards and stuff.

Ya, i'm a weirdo.

How bout it, Buddha? Got any trees that you wanna send me? :D

R35

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I'd love to see the pros play in a hurricane. Ouch... caddyshack!

Bravo? Hey mate! :confused:

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
I've never been in a hurricane. I think it would be cool. I survived a tornado a few years back, it was awesome. Loud as a mofo.

Maybe Bravo can send me something from IVAN. I'm gonna start a hurricane collection. Just crap from various hurricanes that might have blown into people's yards and stuff.

Ya, i'm a weirdo.

R35

I've got a crazy amount of foliage to send. I'm in a new neighborhood, so all the newly planted trees were uprooted last week. I'll even through in shrubs.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:

Ya, i'm a weirdo.

R35

I guess I'm just a lucky guy cause I've been in a hurricane and a tornado. The hurricane wasn't as bad except it seemed to last forever. The tornado sucked. We were pretty poor growing up, (didn't know it then) and lived in a trailer. The tornado was a direct hit and turned it over 3 times with me, my brother and mother still inside, now that is loud. Somehow we weren't hurt. Anyway, no desire to do either again. :)

Hope you and yours are ok Bravo.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hey guys - thanks for the posts....

It has been a very interesting five days.

I live in a densely forested, very hilly area. My neighborhood is about 60 years old and all of our utilities are on poles - none underground. As a result, we have experience in power outages whenever there is high wind due to tropical/storms and tornadoes or ice/snow....

In 1993, "The Storm of the Century" (as named by The Weather Channel) left us without power for five days. We had a thunderstorm at 2 am that left 16 inches of snow in about 3 hours before it headed up the east coast to New England. I heated my home with firewood. My back was sore for a week....

So in 1995, when Hurricane Opal was threatening Pensacola (200 miles due south) I bought a generator. Power out for six days but we made it by just fine with the generator humming along.

I moved to Texas in 99 and sold the generator with my house. I moved back in 2001 and did not buy a new generator at the time.

So last week when the forecasters are calling for 85 mph winds at my house on Thursday - the Great Generator Quest began. Due to Frances and Charley, there were no generators in the Southeastern US. I located generators in Durham North Carolina and grabbed my shaving kit and sprinted to the airport for a late night flight there on Southwest Air. Got in at midnight and bought the generators the following morning...Then a 500 mile drive back...

IN any event - we still have no power. I can run everything in my home except my air conditioner with this generator and our weather is beautiful so no need for that anyway....

Well gotta go get gasoline in a couple of hours and change the oil in this sucker. We're hoping for electricity in the next 24-36 hours. There are trucks from Michigan and Indiana in the neighborhood working now. Our local crews are on the coast where its pretty rough. I have an Aunt and Uncle in Pensacola and they left because they have no water.....

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bravo,

That's brutal news, but i'm glad that everything at your end is OK for the most part. A few of us were pretty worried when we hadn't heard you chime in much in the last few - for obvious reasons.

Hey, if you're selling your generator, let me know. :D

On secod though, you might wanna keep it for a couple more weeks. You just never know....

R35

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
Generator quest

Geez, Bravo, that's rough!

Bravo said:
So last week when the forecasters are calling for 85 mph winds at my house on Thursday - the Great Generator Quest began. Due to Frances and Charley, there were no generators in the Southeastern US. I located generators in Durham North Carolina and grabbed my shaving kit and sprinted to the airport for a late night flight there on Southwest Air. Got in at midnight and bought the generators the following morning...Then a 500 mile drive back...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
Bravo,

That's brutal news, but i'm glad that everything at your end is OK for the most part. A few of us were pretty worried when we hadn't heard you chime in much in the last few - for obvious reasons.

Hey, if you're selling your generator, let me know. :D

On secod though, you might wanna keep it for a couple more weeks. You just never know....

R35

A couple more weeks??! What do you know that I don't? Is another one bearing down on us???

aarrrgggghhhh...... :028:

🔥 Latest posts