• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Victory for Tiger???

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
The top dog is back and the little yappers have been put back in their place.

Tiger again showed why he is the greatest golfer on the planet and possibly the greatest ever by squashing O'Hair like a bug on a windshield.

Having said that, ss good as his final round was, Tiger still had it handed to him by a faltering O'Hair. O'Hair had to stand up and show some guts and play hard nosed par golf to apply scoreboard pressure to Tiger, but he was shown to be lacking in the guts department and shot his worst round of the week. It was a typical role reversal. For some strange reason it looked like O'Hair was the one under pressure and needing to make up the five shots. This loss will take alot out of O'Hair. It could be a career destroying loss for him.

As for Tiger, it's like he never went away. Tour officials will be breathing alot easier tonight.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Come on & admit it, even if you don't like Tiger that was one hell of a final rd. Takes the lead on the 70th hole & then promptly gives it right back on the 71st only to winner with a Tiger trademarked long assed putt for bird on the 72nd.

The guy is a machine. Tiger played against the course while O'Hair played against Tiger & choked.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
And now O'hair gets to see the highlights for ever and ever. It's like being the guy Michael Jordan dunks all over and then watching yourself get made a fool of on sportscenter.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I think if anything O'hair choked big time 3 over.

Maybe, but you put any young guy in the final group with Tiger, on Sunday, and have him breathing down their neck I guarantee you their arsehole
puckers up so tight you couldnt jam a toothpic in there.

O'hair did what they all do, and Tiger did what Tiger does.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
yeah i just don't think O'hair does well with pressure. like when he put the two balls in the water at the Players.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Tiger beats everyone.
O'Hair got beat by quite possibly the best golfer ever, and Tiger had to sink a long putt on the 72nd hole to do it. I can't call that choking.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
What I love is that the guy is so methodical. So good it's scary. I was at my sisters house with my brother in law and stepfather explaining what he would do. I said, "he tried to hit that high cut just like I said he would on 17 and missed, he won't miss it again.". Not only that but he made sure to put the tee shot past O'hair to see how close he'd need to get it. He put his inside with that high cut and it was over. He got the look around the hole on that putt from 3 different angles when ZJ putted out. He gets better under pressure, feeds off it, while the rest just fold.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
It could be a career destroying loss for him.

If he can overcome what his father put him through I highly doubt this is going to break him. Good to see you still know nothing though.

🔥 Latest posts