• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VIDEO: Bubba Golf Prevails in China

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
EVERYTHING YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW about the outcome of the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai can be summed up in two climactic shots (see below). Bubba Watson captured his first World Golf Championship title after it looked as if he might have thrown it away with a double bogey on the 71st hole. As we know, the two-time Masters champion can pull off any golf shot imaginable, which is exactly what he did on the final hole, a par-5. The unlikely eagle tied Watson with South African Tim Clark and forced a two-man playoff when 54-hole leader Graeme McDowell and others could not produce their own heroics. Bubba Golf Part 1

"It’s one of those things, you always joke about holing it," Watson said. "And then it actually went in. I didn’t know how to react and so I just kind of screamed and I lost my voice a little bit. It was one of those shots, one-in-a-lifetime kind of shots, and so it was pretty neat."

Bubba Golf Part 2

"Being able to win outside the U.S.," Watson added, "I just want to be able to travel and get through the jet lag, get through all the things and still perform at a high level. So for me to win out here, this is very big, this is very special for me."

The Bagdad, Florida, native closed with a 71 for an 11-under total to notch his seventh PGA Tour victory. Clark was runner-up, and three players tied for third one shot off the pace: McDowell, Rickie Fowler and Hiroshi Iwata.

Source: VIDEO: Bubba Golf Prevails in China

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.