• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Rory McIlroy Takes It to Brooks Koepka and Elite Field to Win Second...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
RORY MCILROY REMINDED US of his greatness when all the cylinders are firing, as they were at East Lake Golf Club on Sunday in the FedEx Cup finale. Even World No. 1 Brooks Koepka admitted he gets caught up watching Rory when the Northern Irishman is on a tear.

From my vantage point on the couch, McIlroy looked like the only player with his foot on the gas in the final round. He drove the ball magnificently. Everything was clicking.

In the final round McIlroy shot a 4-under 66 to finish 18-under in the Tour Championship and claim a four-stroke win over Xander Schauffele. He collected his 17th PGA Tour victory and won the FedEx Cup for the second time, joining Tiger Woods, the only other repeat winner. McIlroy's payday was a record $15 million.

"I thought a lot about that," McIlroy said about playing with Koepka, who won their recent WGC duel in Memphis. "I really wanted to go out there and play well and really take it to him."

The win vaulted Rory to No. 2 in the world rankings.

Source: VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Rory McIlroy Takes It to Brooks Koepka and Elite Field to Win Second FedEx Cup

🔥 Latest posts