• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VIDEO: Jeff Flagg Is World Long Drive Champion

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
By Golf Channel Communications

It was a night of inches on Golf Channel, and Jeff Flagg, 29, of Pelham, Ala., got the 13 extra he needed to win the 2014 RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship, along with the coveted championship belt and winner-take-all $250,000.

Tied at 365 yards after their requisite six drives in the championship match, Flagg and 43-year-old Jeff Crittenden of Greensboro, N.C., waited anxiously for an exact measurement to the inch that would break the tie and determine who would be the ultimate winner. Flagg’s drive bested Crittenden by a mere 13 inches, which proved to be the shortest margin of victory in the history of the RE/MAX World Drive Championship competition.

“I thought I had him,” said Flagg, “but if there’s anything I learned from baseball is that you can’t get to high or too low until it’s a done deal.”

Flagg took up long driving after a baseball career at Mississippi State University (where he was teammates with fellow Las Vegas 8 competitor Connor Powers) and with the New York Mets organization.

Speed and power were on display in front of a packed audience during the two-hour, live finale, which aired on Golf Channel from a custom-made competition set at the Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort. Eight finalists--the Las Vegas 8--competed in head-to-head matches requiring all to conquer the conditions in attempts to hit drives requiring both distance and accuracy. Of the total seven head-to-head matches, five were decided by two yards or less.

Source: VIDEO: Jeff Flagg Is World Long Drive Champion

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Wonder if he's related to Colonel Flagg?

ew2.JPG

🔥 Latest posts